no games loading, IE or Firefox

If you are having problems with a game on this Web site, post here.
Paul_E_Wog
Forum Rookie

no games loading, IE or Firefox

Post by Paul_E_Wog »

I've played the games and contest for years without a problem, but now nothing works.  Most recently I played the Atlantis contest and the Go for Gold before that.I updated the Flash, to 10.3.181.26 and still get nothing.  I have no add blockers running on IE, but when I tried with Firefox and Ad Block Plus disabled I couldn't get that to work either.  The initial ad doesn't load, but all the other ones on the page do, and it just sits there with "up next: triple play draw poker" at the bottom.  Other games do the same thing. Any suggestions? Edited to add: I downloaded a new Chrome and tried that.  Same thing.  I get a little progress bar when it is loading the ad but the ad never runs, and the game screen doesn't load Edited to add: I also tried plugging in headphones, and that didn't do a thing either.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Sounds like you're having a problem with the preloaders. Try again in 2 minutes.

Paul_E_Wog
Forum Rookie

Post by Paul_E_Wog »

I'm not sure what the preloaders are, but I'm in now. Thanks.

Paul_E_Wog
Forum Rookie

Post by Paul_E_Wog »

The game did load, but now it takes a minute or more to deal the cards.  When I finally do get to select a card to hold it just sits there, and then eventually deals the rest of the hand.  Sometimes it takes "only" 20 seconds, but it is continual.  I've only managed to get in 3 hands in the past 5 minutes. I did refresh the page, and get the same problem. 

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Can you tell me a little about your computer? What year you bought it?Bonus points for processor or amount of RAM.

Paul_E_Wog
Forum Rookie

Post by Paul_E_Wog »

It's a Dell Vostro 220 purchased in March of last year.  It has an Intell E7500 Core Duo processor running at 2.93 GHz with 3 GB of ram running Windows 7, 32 bit. And as I said, up until now the games and contests have run pretty well.  I'm currently using IE, 9.0.1. That said, I just re-tried it on Chrome and it works fine there so I'll just use that to play. Thanks though.

dannta
Forum Newbie

Post by dannta »

Dear Webman,I also having exact same problem.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Please clear your browser cache and try again. We removed some graphics from the contest app that may have been slowing down some systems.

mws813

Post by mws813 »

Mine is not working either

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Mine is not working either
Please describe in more detail what is happening when you try to play, what you are trying to play, etc.