Daily Contest - Internet Down

Discuss the latest contests, contest strategies, and scores!
OTABILL
Video Poker Master

Daily Contest - Internet Down

Post by OTABILL »

My wife and I had an interesting experience today. When she finished her 100 spins, she couldn't get her score recorded. Her computer evidently went off-line without her knowledge during the course of the game. She told me it looked like our cable internet access went down. I had 30 or so spins left in my game and was able to continue playing  so I assumedI thought her machine had hiccupped  since my game continued without a glitch  until I played all 100 hands. My total score appeared on the screen with the usual wait 30 seconds, etc. I waited and nothing happened. Pressed the resubmit button and again nothing happened. Our cable access had in fact been cut so we reset our modem and got back on-line. I checked the contest leaders and saw my score registered as 5,000+, not the 12,795 I had at the end of the game. The 5000+ score was probably where I was at when our internet went down. It looks like the contest program gets downloaded onto one's computer and will keep going whether or not the computer remains on-line.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

If your internet goes down for too long a time, it may appear to continue without warning but will not register at the end. I think the 5000+ score was your first session, and no score was recorded on the next attempt due to your internet outage.Feel free to email me at forum @ videopoker.com if you need us to look into this further.