VP Idiot

Did you hit any jackpots? Did you get a great comp? We all want to know!
bigboy

Re: VP Idiot

Post by bigboy »

[QUOTE=njmike37]I once saw someone hold a dealt flush on 5 hands which was 4 to a royal on an 8X multiplier on Super Times Pay.  If I would have known they were going to do that, I would have GLADLY paid them the $250 they won for the shot at hitting just one royal on an 8X multiplier... 

I posted a couple weeks ago about how on a $1.00 KBJP 5-play STP i was dealt suited KQJT with an 8X multiplier. All right! I'll at least pick up a straight flush for $2000, right?? Nada,zero,zip,zilch. Big goose-egg, Mike. But, i still would'nt do what that person did. I would still go for the royal.

njmike37

Post by njmike37 »

bigboy,

That must have been some adrenaline rush though right before you hit that draw button!    Sorry to hear that you didn't connect on any of them.  Deals like that just don't come often enough!

I could have strangled that lady for doing that, by the way.. LOL  My last few sessions of STP have been horrible.  Everytime I got a decent multiplier, I would usually get a single high card dealt to me (if I was lucky.. LOL)

Mike

bigboy

Post by bigboy »

[QUOTE=njmike37]bigboy,

That must have been some adrenaline rush though right before you hit that draw button!

Yes it was a rush. After the hand was finished, my hand rushed to the cash-out button! How can you stay at a machine after a demoralizing hand like that? It will put ya on tilt!

njmike37

Post by njmike37 »

bigboy,

Yeah, I probably would have been headed out the door, too.  A deal like that with the multiplier doesn't come up very often, so if it did and I didn't hit it, I might be too demoralized to continue the session. 

Mike

bigboy

Post by bigboy »

Mike:
I caught a little redemption on Monday playing, of all things, A/C 2Pr.JP! 5oaK no multiplier and a SF w/3x multiplier. Unbelievable considering i always stay away from that game. s**t happens, i guess.

njmike37

Post by njmike37 »

bigboy,

Congrats on the nice hit! 

When I'm down on my luck playing DDB, I play that game, too.  It's definitely a short-term game where you are going for the "quick hit."  That game can definitely DESTROY you if you don't hit a SF or a 5oak.  What I like about it is that you have a much better chance of hitting a 5oak jackpot than you do a royal jackpot.

In fact, despite about 75-80% of my play being DDB last year, 5 out of the 7 handpays I had last year were in AC Joker Poker playing STP 5-hand..

Mike

bigboy

Post by bigboy »

I stay away from that game mostly because i would be sick if i hit a natural royal on it. The session basically went: Play 20 hands, win like 25 coins and than catch 4oaK for 80 coins. Does that sound like the typical session for you.

njmike37

Post by njmike37 »

Yep, that's a typical session.. LOL  Every now and then, I'll catch a 4oak or a decent multiplied hand like 5x FH or something like that to keep me going.  Sometimes though I seem to have sessions where I just keep hitting SF's.  I hit 8 SF's in about 2 hours time one night on STP (2 of them multiplied, too!) 

Unfortunately, I know that feeling about hitting the natural royal in Joker Poker.  It is quite an empty feeling for winning 500 coins.  When I get dealt 4 to a natural royal in Joker Poker, I am just PRAYING that if I hit a royal, it's a Joker one.. LOL

Mike

BOOPSAHOY
Video Poker Master

Post by BOOPSAHOY »

Thats so funny Mike! My husband got a natural Royal the same way-held 4 cards and got the fifth, not a joker. We both were pissed cause he hasnt gotten one in DDB for ages! But better the 500 for a straight flush than the 250 on DDB (rip off!)