daily games

Discuss the latest contests, contest strategies, and scores!
bearweiman
Forum Rookie

Re: daily games

Post by bearweiman »

I vote for more games even if its 10 to 15 sessions a day.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

We won't be increasing the number of sessions just yet. We might adjust it as time goes on, so the feedback is appreciated as always.In monthly contests with unlimited play, the average player only gets in about 4 sessions a day (at 100 hands... less for the 200 hand ones). So up to 8 is already pushing it for a lot of people.We understand that quite a few members have much more time than that to play on some days, but we also want you to be able to enjoy the many other games and features on the site once you've finished your Daily Contest play.

edog743
Video Poker Master

Post by edog743 »

Mammajamma, still waiting for an answer on how I am taking advantage of Webman. I am really interested in how I am doing that. By the way nice picture on your personal page

BillyJoe
Video Poker Master

Post by BillyJoe »

I  like the 5-8 sessions per day. If you can't win by then, go cut the grass..

jim18

Post by jim18 »

I took a quick look at the top three scores in the daily contest.  I am sure that all of you will tell me that it is just a coincidence that all three of these players got their top score while playing DDB.  Does anyone wonder why no one gets a top score with JOB?However, each of these players drew to a RF.  Nothing unusual there.  But what are the odds that each of these players would get a RF in hearts, which appears to be what happened.  I suppose all of you will tell me that the RNG is not prejudice either.

mjterry
Forum Rookie

Post by mjterry »

and i also noticed 2 players got in the top 10 twice, alot of us cant get in the top 100.    im thinking there is no odds therory.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

The fact that nobody has won yet on JOB is likely related to the fact that almost nobody plays JOB in these contests because the only good payout for the game is on a royal flush (as opposed to DDB, which most people are playing, because it has kickers). The top 3 are hearts currently... I think when you start with the supposition that something is funny about the contests (Frank Kneeland, are you listening), you can find something funny in any group of winning combinations. Since we know a royal will likely be at the top in this contest, the odds of that are pretty close to the odds that the previous two winners in UX contests had royals in clubs and the one before that was in diamonds. (1/4 * 1/4 * 1/4) Of course, the fact that they drew to the royal on different lines makes these session more different than the same. If you really want to look at how weird this one is right now, the top 3 all drew while holding 3 cards, and all had Ace and Jack in their held cards. If that is spooky to you, I assure you much weirder things happen within any random sample. Since we're looking at the top ten, obviously multiplied royals are what we see up there (and not the tens of thousands of other sessions being played, which are very average for the most part). 

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Mjterry, my intention isn't to be confrontational, but to help people understand. I guess I need to know more about your expectations. I believe that your feeling is that something is funny about the contests, because of the fact that none of your friends have won anything yet. I guess what I need to know is, how many people on here would you consider your friends and can you give me a quantitative estimate of how often you feel they should win in a fair game, given how many participants and sessions are played?

mjterry
Forum Rookie

Post by mjterry »

i dont know anyone on here personally, i do know i see a dozan or so on here chatting while they are playing everyday ( which, thats what the site is for, entertainment, i enjoy it somewhat myself).  however, i have noticed several things since i started playing about a year ago.   the winners of past contest who have won gold memberships be it 1 month or a year never chat with us - - memb ership allows that --  they never post anything in here, and i look at winners profiles  9 out of 10 are blank.  i remember when pogo got into trouble for fake winners ( not accusing you of having fake winners).  i'm not sure, maybe im jealous because i cant get close to anything.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

It's all very understandable. I'm sure I would have some similar feelings if I were in your shoes. I've been here longer than you of course, and I'm very familiar with a lot of the players, especially those who have posted the most in the forum. Not too many of those players have won 1st place in a contest over a few years. In fact, it's only occasional that I'd see any of them pop up in the top 10 at all. It's a rare achievement, because there is a lot of competition. Now that we have contests every day, we might start seeing this a little more frequently (meaning a few times a year, perhaps).  So if a dozen or so people chat regularly that you would recognize, what would be a reasonable expectation for how often you would see one of them win, in your opinion?