the brag space

Discuss the latest contests, contest strategies, and scores!
mjterry
Forum Rookie

the brag space

Post by mjterry »

could you please remove the brag space, if they are not saying something stupid, they are rubbing it in, or both. we dont need to see all that.   thank you. 

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

I'd like to hear more opinions on this feature... we thought people would enjoy the chance to share a comment when in the lead, and that it would be more fun and personal than a simple name on the leader board. Anyone care to comment?

mightwin

Post by mightwin »

I like the space.  It gives the person a chance to say something.  I don't remember seeing any "rubbing in".  I like when people describe how they got the winning hands.  It encourages you to keep playing, because it confirms that those dream hands are out there to "get".   Thanks for the opportunity of expression - here and there. 

faygo
Video Poker Master

Post by faygo »

Don't see an issue with it other then I haven't  been able to use it yet.

edog743
Video Poker Master

Post by edog743 »

I think it is a non-issue I have not seen anything mean or derogatory on it I think it should stay.

mendon

Post by mendon »

I don't usualy respond to these things but I don't see anything wrong with someone being excited about a good hand,  if you want the bragging box removed then maybe the forum should be taken off for people who want to complain. You had a chance to complain so it's only right for people to have a place to brag as you put it. 

vpwillis

Post by vpwillis »

I vote to leave it as is!

jim18

Post by jim18 »

And they said I was extreme!I certainly have held positions which were in the minority many times.  In a way it is like the childhood game called “king of the hill”. Likewise being the score leader on one of the many games offered by this site is like the same game.  In a simplistic way, it is a simple expression of some emotion.  Why shouldn’t people be allowed to rub it or, or say something stupid.  I support the first amendment to the constitution even for the young people, and the people whose religion, politics, etc are not identical to my own.On the opposite side, I will say that on a few occasions I have reached the top position, even if it was for a brief time.  Call me crazy, but in some cases I continued to play on, and fell far below the lead position.  Being number one is less important to me, than the thrill of playing and trying to win.  I guess I am saying that at least for me, being top scorer on a game is not my idea of winning.  I want to master the game.  I want to own it - like a man owns a woman.  (0nly in his dreams)When someone takes the top spot, I am sometimes motivated or inspired to try to knock this person out of first place by improving my own score.  Not by taking away their right to comment.  It is just that they have said something like “tag, your it”, or whatever.  Bet you did not know that VP can be inspirational.......Next time I take the number one position, I will be certain to add a comment like, “catch me if you can”, or God Bless America.  Perhaps one of these comments will strike your fancy, and bring out the competitiveness in one of you.  Anyway, I will be waiting and watching for developments.  I may applaud your success, and most likely I will smile at your failure.  For I know that the best way to learn is on your own, by failing, trying again, and failing until you find success.Good luck to each and every one of you.

Ambassador E
Forum Regular

Post by Ambassador E »

i like reading the messages.one day ill be on the leader board and ive got my message prepaird

divavic
Forum Rookie

Post by divavic »

I really like to read the comments when someone gets top billing.  I've never been there but there's always that chance!! Good luck to all and I look forward to reading more comments.