contest registration errors

If you are having problems with a game on this Web site, post here.
Paul_E_Wog
Forum Rookie

contest registration errors

Post by Paul_E_Wog »

I use Chrome for the contest and on my first visit of each contest I check the "I agree" box and it goes to the start of the game.  If I close the browser out and come back later the same day it goes straight to the page where I select what game to play, skipping the initial rules page.  But I've had a problem twice in the past month where after wandering around the videopoker.com site, (as I recall the other day I went to look at what the next contest was), when I went back to the contest the initial "select your game" page came up as usual but after playing a full game I get an error saying it was improperly registered and I need to log out and log back in.  I have not logged out when that happens; I just close the browser and re-open it and the next game works fine.  I don't know for sure but I think I probably just used the "back" button on the browser to get back to the game when this happens, and my guess is that this is what is causing the problem.It isn't that big a deal, but if there is some kind of registration problem when using the "back" button it would be nice if the game had a way of notifying you BEFORE you played a complete 100 hand session.The solution for me is simple: if I want to view another page on the site I'll just open it in a new tab.  But I thought you might want to know about it, as well as to let other people know this might happen to them too so they can take steps to avoid it.

AFcruit
Forum Rookie

Post by AFcruit »

This morning the first 3 games didn't post a score, but did record the games as having played.  No big deal I just wonder if anyone else had a similar problem.  I just played enough to get the 3 extra plays tomorrow.  Maybe my sattellite will behave better, as i suspect the problem lies there.  I am still having problems with signing in to chat.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

The "back" button could definitely be part of the problem, Paul E Wog. Different browsers handle that differently. Your best bet will always be clicking a link to the contest (on the home page or contests page) but I'll see if we can improve that. I think when we've tied a notification in the past, many browsers simply didn't respond to it.