Super triple play place extra bet?

Discuss proper hold strategies and "advantage play" and ask questions about how to improve your play.
Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Super triple play place extra bet?

Post by Eduardo »

Does anyone know if it is good to always bet the extra for the bonus chance or is it better to bet only 5 coins or maybe just to play normal triple play instead of super?

babybubba

Post by babybubba »

It's better to bet the extra credit. You play video poker to win right? Then when you have an opportunity to get 3X+ the payback for quads and the SF for just one extra credit, doesn't that sound like a good deal to you? 

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

Yes thank you. It does sound like a good deal just was not sure if the extra winnings that people get mostly end up being more than they spend on that bonus chance. I am guessing the overall payout of these machines is not "Super" more than a regular triple play machine.But yes that does make sense if on the super machine to put in the extra coin but I am still not sure if this game would win more than another regular triple machine.  They probably have it balanced well?Thank you.

bigboy

Post by bigboy »

It's better to bet the extra credit. You play video poker to win right? Then when you have an opportunity to get 3X+ the payback for quads and the SF for just one extra credit, doesn't that sound like a good deal to you?                                                                

???? SuperTimesPay gives the opportunity to multiply the win by up to 10X. How does one determine that Super Triple Play is worth betting the extra coin, whereas you stated the other day that SuperTimesPay was a sucker/gimmick game. Are you using a mathematical formula to make your determination? I'm  because you have stated that you have never played SuperTimesPay, so obviously you have never applied your playing strategy to it.

babybubba

Post by babybubba »

[QUOTE=babybubba]It's better to bet the extra credit. You play video poker to win right? Then when you have an opportunity to get 3X+ the payback for quads and the SF for just one extra credit, doesn't that sound like a good deal to you?                                                                

???? STP gives the opportunity to multiply the win by up to 10X. How does one determine that Super Triple Pay is worth betting the extra coin, whereas you stated the other day that STP was a sucker/gimmick game. Are you using a mathematical formula to make your determination? I'm  because you have stated that you have never played STP, so obviously you have never applied your playing strategy to it.

I've played it on here, and if you're drawn into these new gimmick games then you might as well use the tools they provide. In this case there's the extra credit for huge jackpots. Who cares what the mathematical calculations come out to be? You gonna play the thing 100 million hands or just a few thousand?? Think about it.

bigboy

Post by bigboy »

I've played it on here.

Sorry, i think my initial post confused you: ie; (S)uper(T)imes(P)ay vs. (S)uper(T)riple(P)lay. Please read the editited posting. Thanks.

shadowman
Video Poker Master

Post by shadowman »

But yes that does make sense if on the super machine to put in the extra coin but I am still not sure if this game would win more than another regular triple machine.  They probably have it balanced well?

Yes, you are correct. SuperTimesPay multipliers increase the payback by only a small margin when the 6th coin is factored into the equation. It also increases the variance (swings) which might be considered good by some and bad by others.