Discussion about gambling in Atlantic City
Than01
Forum Regular

Re: Anything new in AC

Post by Than01 »

thanks doris, I will check them out!

valden

Post by valden »

I just came back from the Borgata and had pretty good luck. Hit two 200.00 jackpots. Guy playing next to me hit for 8,000 dollars playing double double bp. However, after he won, all of the machines were shut down in the bank except for the one I was playing but when I got up, they shut mine down also. Anyone know why?

JIMDUECE`SWILD
Video Poker Master

Post by JIMDUECE`SWILD »

Congratulation on your jackpots. Where in the Borgata were you playing? They have been taking a lot of machines out and replacing them with 1¢ machines. The end of last year they removed every machine I hit a jackpot on.   Last week when I was there they put 3 of them back. I guess enough people complained. I complained to my host  and a slot supervisor.  I guess they have to pay for the room renovation that are being done.
http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/news ... 3ce6c.html

Tomcat1569

Post by Tomcat1569 »

As far as the quality of food in the Caesars AC Diamond Lounges is concerned, I beg to differ. While they promised to improve the overall food quality and selection when they imposed the $10 admission fee last year to Diamond members below 25,000 tier points, I haven't seen any real upgrade in either (if anything, there has been a marked decline in culinary quality, especially at the carving station and shrinking size of the shrimp cocktails -- if they even have any). Despite a couple of complaints I lodged with Caesars Customer Service about a lack of cleanliness and other general service issues, not much has been addressed. Caesars itself still has the best Diamond Lounge IMO, but even that one has slipped a notch or two. The Bally's DL is mediocre at best, and they have gradually been cutting hours at all of the AC Diamond Lounges. That said, none of this is all that surprising in light of the financial pressure Caesars has been under subsequent to the buyout in 2008.

doris13
Video Poker Master

Post by doris13 »

although i haven't been there in a while i always thought Harrahs diamond lounge had the best food.Caesars is better than Ballys but not by much,and Showboat had the worst.

Tomcat1569

Post by Tomcat1569 »

although i haven't been there in a while i always thought Harrahs diamond lounge had the best food.Caesars is better than Ballys but not by much,and Showboat had the worst.
 Doris, maybe I should try the Harrah's lounge -- have not been there yet. As a bus person I rarely make it away from the Boardwalk.

valden

Post by valden »

location of the poker machines I was playing was when you first enter the Borgata, you turn right past the MyBorgata comp desk past the restrooms about 30 feet on the left near the cashier's cage. Will be going again on the 16th and am anxious to see if they are still there.

valden

Post by valden »

I was able to get a room comped at the tropicana on July 3rd. Nobody else would give me a room. I gambled and ate at the borgata . Itzakaya...just love the food there.  Took a walk on the boardwalk on July 4th and stopped in Trump Plaza, was there for 15 minutes, played 40.00 in two different slots and was so turned off by the filthy machines and the old red white and blue machine I was playing that with each spin made a churning noise. I think they should close this place. It was horrific.

JIMDUECE`SWILD
Video Poker Master

Post by JIMDUECE`SWILD »

It is sad to see what has happened to that place. Donald Trump only owns about a 10% of Trump Entertainment. I wouldn`t want my name on that building because of the way they run that business.  There is a rumour that they want to sell the Plaza. Did you see the fireworks on July 4th. AOL travel rated it  #2 in the country.   http://news.travel.aol.com/2011/06/28/j ... -ranked-p/ .

BillyJoe
Video Poker Master

Post by BillyJoe »

It is sad to see what has happened to that place. Donald Trump only owns about a 10% of Trump Entertainment. I wouldn`t want my name on that building because of the way they run that business.  There is a rumour that they want to sell the Plaza. Did you see the fireworks on July 4th. AOL travel rated it  #2 in the country.   http://news.travel.aol.com/2011/06/28/j ... -ranked-p/ .

They were only visible from the Diamond Lounge .