Trip to AC

Discussion about gambling in Atlantic City
Than01
Forum Regular

Trip to AC

Post by Than01 »

Just got back from AC.  A little less in the pocket but not bad, had a great time.  Stayed at Caesars and played VP for the most part.  Mostly played on the first floor by the bar where the progressive machines are.  Didn't do much there.  On the other hand, when we played on the second floor by the Diamond Lounge our luck was better.  Probably played there a total of 2 hours over four days.  Playing TDB I hit a royal, AWAK and 2'sWAK,  Guess I should have stayed there for sure.  Seems that area is always hot for me.

Tomcat1569

Post by Tomcat1569 »

Than, Consider yourself lucky. Caesars AC is a tough place to play VP, except for the quarter progressive bank near the Toga Bar. Congrats on the royal and other nice hands!

marie meijer
Video Poker Master

Post by marie meijer »

Congrats Than! Great trip report. We also enjoyed staying at Caesar's as well as Harrah's Resorts in AC. I also like playing TDB. Others claim it's volatile, yet it's amazing how frequently those aces appear! Today, I was playing TDB+ single line for the first time on a progressive $ machine at Windsor Caesars. After a few hands, those aces popped up for $1200. I could not believe that pay table, however, 30/25! ($600 for 2s, 3s and 4s) I soon moved to a multi hand machine and hit deuces on two lines of a three play hand for another $2G. Definitely it was one of my better days there!

Lucky Larry
Video Poker Master

Post by Lucky Larry »

Congratulations on both of your hits Than and Marie.

LL

faygo
Video Poker Master

Post by faygo »

marie, what is the exchange rate now?

marie meijer
Video Poker Master

Post by marie meijer »

Hey faygo, The exchange rate has been pretty much even lately but can fluctuate on a daily basis. Why I can remember back when a bengi US brought $145 Canadian.THOSE were the days! I found out yesterday that the TITO type machine will pay off a $2G voucher. These same machines also exchange the money from US to Canadian and back again. One has to punch "accept exchange rate" and then "dispense" to get the $. Pure magic! (or technology) When the loonies ($ Can. coin with a loon displayed on one side) and toonies ($2 Canadian coin, ok, maybe it's twonies?) get too heavy, it's time to visit the cashier and exchange them for bills to fit into the machines or go home. Tunnel crossing is $4 US or $4.50 Canadian. We buy a 20  tunnel token roll for $70. These save time and money. At times, Caesar's offers a tunnel toll rebate mailed offer.

faygo
Video Poker Master

Post by faygo »

I have a Loonie and one Toonie along with a .25 token from Windsor. Guess I'm not rich yet.

vpwillis

Post by vpwillis »

Than and Marie thanks for sharing and congrats.

marie meijer
Video Poker Master

Post by marie meijer »

Thank you LL and vpwillis! Windsor has many bonus offers and often several in one day. They add up and help compensate for some low pay tables and lack of wins.We enjoy a lot of their "free" rooms, concerts and meals! We can usually have the pool to ourselves when it opens in the morning.