In VPW, go to

1. "Analyze"
2. Select "Strategy"
3. Select "File"
4. Select "Save as Excel" or "Save as Text"

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

Hoochie Mama I had not even done the "Analyze - Strategy" area yet! Wowsers like the Inspector Gadget! I like the glossary button too because I do not know what these letters mean except obvious ones.  Oh no, more to learn now! I am not ready to export it yet but maybe if I print it will be good to read later on.Thank you, MikeA!!

faygo
Video Poker Master

Post by faygo »

Hoochie Mama I had not even done the "Analyze - Strategy" area yet! Wowsers like the Inspector Gadget! I like the glossary button too because I do not know what these letters mean except obvious ones. 

Oh no, more to learn now!

I am not ready to export it yet but maybe if I print it will be good to read later on.

Thank you, MikeA!!

Eduardo, you crack me up. What a sense of humor.  Sorry to interupt the thread for this. Carry on please.

Foolery
Forum Newbie

Post by Foolery »

I'll also put in a plug for vipoker. It's does not generate strategies but it supports many games and the price is right (free) Thanks for the tip shadowman. Very cool trainer for free, and it has Pick'em http://home.comcast.net/~g2000/VIPOKER.HTM

bigboy

Post by bigboy »

[QUOTE=kbrouill]
As for STP hanging.  On XP, this will happen on machines with less than 512 MB of memory.  www.videopokerforwinners.com/support.

Thanks for the quick response, however my XP laptop has 1024 MB of memory with 580 MB currently available. I will send a bug report.[/QUOTE]

Just received an e-mail about the updated "no bug" version of VPFW. They still think that the problem only occurs with VISTA, even though they were told numerous times that this is XP.

kbrouill
Forum Newbie

Post by kbrouill »

We DO know that the hang happens on XP sometimes.  We never denied that.   In all cases except one, it was a memory issue.  I understand that it is not a memory issue on your machine, Bigboy.  You are the only customer who has reported the problem on XP, while I have 7 or 8 customers who reported the problem on Vista.  It seems to happen very rarely on Vista machines, and even more rarely on XP machines with greater than 512 MB RAM.  I am sorry that you are experiencing the problem.

However, we have worked very hard to fix this problem (even though it is rare).  We certainly spent much more money fixing the problem than we will ever make up for in sales.   But, we DO care about the customers and we work very hard on all issues that are reported to us.  Every single issue reported is researched and if we can reproduce it, we fix it.  If we can't reproduce it, we wait for additional reports to come in and work with everyone to try and figure out what is happening. 

And, we by no means think that 1.6 is the "no bug" release.  I am sure users will find additional things, and we will continue to fix them.  1.6 fixes every reproducable bug that has been reported to date.

In the case of the STP hang, we tried very hard to fix it.  Of the 10 Vista machines that we have access to, it only happens on 1 laptop.   It is somehow specific to certain machines, but we haven't isolated the exact hardware or software on the machine that is causing the problem.  So, we rewrote the animation code to use a completely different mechanism for animating and that fixed the problem on our 1 Vista machine that was experiencing the problem.    We have never seen the problem on any of our XP machines.  So, it may have fixed the problem on XP machines, or it may not.  I certainly hope that it does.

As for the replay of error hands.  I did go back and look more closely at the code after reading these notes, and there were a few places where we were replaying error hands in mixed mode.   I removed them all.   Now, the only time that you will see your error hands replayed, is in test mode.  Thank you, everyone, for making us aware of this problem.

I understand that not everyone will like the product.  That's fine.  We knew that we would not please everyone.   That is impossible.  It is great that there is plenty of variety in programs, and everyone can choose the one they like best.   We do have lots and lots and lots of satisfied customers.  And certainly many many people who are happy with the response that they are receiving from support.   We are certainly trying our best.

I would like to ask that everyone who does not like the product, please enter a bug report and let us know why. Maybe it is something that we can improve on in a subsequent version.   We are saving all the suggestions in the bug report database to use as input to our next version.  I don't know if we will have a V2, or when it might be, but if we do have one, we will certainly be looking to our customers for input.

For all of you people out there reading this note and wondering if you will like VPW or not, I would encourage you to download the free trial.  You can take VPW for a test drive, and if you don't like it, you don't have to buy it.    Hopefully, you will like it, and you will buy it, but you can decide for yourself with no risk by downloading the free trial.

BOOPSAHOY
Video Poker Master

Post by BOOPSAHOY »

So I wasnt crazy that I was getting the error hands over and over again? Do I need a patch or something for the game I bought for it to be fixed?

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

So I wasnt crazy that I was getting the error hands over and over again? Do I need a patch or something for the game I bought for it to be fixed?
Uninstall your current version then download the free trial from videopokerforwinners.com and it will update to the latest.  You should not have to reactivate your software if you are replacing a previously downloaded copy. It will run as the full version.  Of course, if the activation window comes up you will want to request a new activation code.

MikeA
Video Poker Master

Post by MikeA »

Thanks WB

[QUOTE=BOOPSAHOY]So I wasnt crazy that I was getting the error hands over and over again? Do I need a patch or something for the game I bought for it to be fixed?
Uninstall your current version then download the free trial from videopokerforwinners.com and it will update to the latest.  You should not have to reactivate your software if you are replacing a previously downloaded copy. It will run as the full version.  Of course, if the activation window comes up you will want to request a new activation code.[/QUOTE]

BOOPSAHOY
Video Poker Master

Post by BOOPSAHOY »

Webman-you are saying when I download the free program it will give me the bought program?