Todays daily contest 2/5/2012

Discuss the latest contests, contest strategies, and scores!
edog743
Video Poker Master

Todays daily contest 2/5/2012

Post by edog743 »

Kenocat I found your comment when you were in the lead both funny and sad. Yes you were right your score would not last because you are a GOLD MEMBER. Not only did it not last currently the leader is a FREELOADER that got two RFS in 7 hands.  Suprising no, predictable yes. I truly think it is about time for GOLD only contest. I have been the only advocate of this to this point I need help to convince Webman of this. 

edog743
Video Poker Master

Post by edog743 »

If you like the way it is now that is fine also

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

edog when I first joined this site, several years before you did, we were all freeloaders. There was no charge to enjoy the games that were on the site and there also were no contests, either daily or monthly. Webman has, on many occasions, stated quite matter of factly that because of certain legalities there can be no Gold only contests. Why do you push the issue? Please also review postings and you will see that you are not the only advocate for Goid only contests.    Why also do you choose to call people names when they may not participate in this website via a paid subscription avenue? That is their choice and it could possibly be due to financial constraints or just their personal choice. You have not liked it before when you thought that people were making negative remarks against native americans so why would you be name calling now?

janemichaels

Post by janemichaels »

I agree Tedlark. I've been a member for a very long time, also way before there were any charges and have had my gold membership since they started with them. I do think we get a lot for our money and understand that there are legal constraints forbidding gold only contests. There are many more non gold members, so it would stand to reason why they outnumber golds in the contests. The amount charged for gold isn't unreasonable and even without the ability to have gold only contests, I think we get a good "bang for the buck." But, joining as Ted suggests is a personal choice and having more people taking part in the contests just makes them that much more challenging for everyone else.

edog743
Video Poker Master

Post by edog743 »

Ted, if you look at previous posts about Gold only contests the legalities of holding such a contest have been solved.  As far as calling them freeloaders as Webman so eloQuently pointed out the cost is less than a Quarter a day. So  not being able to afford going gold is laughable. Check your facts please.  Ted when you first joined this site you were not a FREELOADER no one payed for the  games then. You contradicted yourself

edog743
Video Poker Master

Post by edog743 »

Webman this is not a private conversation you can chime in anytime now.

mrsbee
Forum Newbie

Post by mrsbee »

I totally agree with you EDog.  At the very least a non gold should not be able to post anything even during the contests.

faygo
Video Poker Master

Post by faygo »

Maybe a refresher is in order

http://www.videopoker.com/join/benefits/

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

Thanks faygo. I had no idea I could get discounts on video poker software, how little I knew. I'll just state that people who have only the basic membership playing in the contests doesn't bother me at all.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

We don't see our basic members as "FREELOADERS." We see them as members. We want as many free members as we can get, and we want as many GOLD members as we can get. Yes, it adds up to less than 25 cents a day and we think they are missing out, but some people don't want to pay and we can understand that.Do we appreciate our Gold members? Of course! And as Faygo posted, there are a lot of great features that you get with GOLD membership. If it's not worth it to you to upgrade to GOLD, that's fine... we hope you enjoy our Basic or Silver membership in that case. And we'll continue to add features that make both GOLD and Basic membership better than ever.A Gold-only contest has been suggested many times, and every time the response has been the same. I'm not sure where anyone got the impression that things had changed in that department. We could have a Gold only contest without prizes, but not with prizes. Of course, there are Gold-only "contests" held every day without prizes in the Top Scores for every game and the Group Challenges that are available.In short... thanks to our Gold members for your support and we hope you feel like you continue to get great value out of that premium membership, with Training Mode, exclusive games, no ads, custom pays, personal and group challenges, and more. For our basics... thanks for continuing to play (even with those ads). We think you'd love Gold membership even more, but we're glad you stick around and we hope to make things even better for all of you so that you continue to enjoy playing.And yeah, we hope everyone will give Gold membership a try, because you'll love it. (there a free trial)