DD contest bonus points

Discuss the latest contests, contest strategies, and scores!
dipstick
Forum Rookie

DD contest bonus points

Post by dipstick »

Webman
please check your counter on DD bonus points as it appears to be awarding to many points for hearts. Points that I did not earn. I check this game 3 time just holding the hearts. I found on one game it jump from 77 to 80. During that same game it jump 3 time adding point that appeared to come from the draw. I'm going to continue checking to see when and how this occurs. I'll report back.
Thanks

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

We checked the code just now as requested.Two things:1) It doesn't matter what you hold for the bonus this time. All that matters is the dealt cards. You can throw away hearts if you want, they will still count for your bonus2) This can still be tricky to the eye. I played a practice session and kept close count. I could have sworn I saw a miscue after only 15 hands and had an extra heart counted. So I looked at the server level at all the dealt cards. Sure enough, my eyes/brain were wrong, and the count was correct. Now, I can't say with 100% certainty that there's no bug in the bonus tally. But we've reviewed the code and it looks correct. If you think a particular session count is off, I can look into it. If you think it is happening frequently, I'd suggest recording the session with a video camera so you can review it yourself. You might find yourself surprised as I was.There are a lot of events like this that can be mistaken. For instance, some have said in the past that they got the same card on the draw as they had discarded. But we have never seen actual evidence of this and more likely they are mistaking the suit of the dealt card.In this contest, I think it's much easier to be fooled because of the nature of the bonus and how quickly they accumulate. Like I said, I myself got it wrong after only 15 deals. If I'd taken the time to write check marks on paper each deal, I probably would not have made the same mistake.