Revel Update

Post by JIMDUECE`SWILD »

JIMDUECE`SWILD
Video Poker Master

Post by JIMDUECE`SWILD »

JT
Forum Regular

Post by JT »

Not only do they have no player's club -- they apparently have no tier system... I called over there to inquire about signing up for a slot club card, and asked if they'd honor my Trump Signature... and they informed me that there are no tiers, that all cards are "equally important" and that their player rankings are all kept internally.   

So, not only won't there be a player's lounge, but if you're used to Titanium/Seven Stars/Signature treatment (or even Diamond/Black Label) you're SOL... you'll be waiting in the same lines as the penny players.

That, to me, is unacceptable, and I can't wait to see how well that goes over...

doris13
Video Poker Master

Post by doris13 »

i have a friend who is titanium at borgata and was invited to revel by a former host.it will be interesting to find out how she is treated.she is going at the end of april,i'll let you know,

JIMDUECE`SWILD
Video Poker Master

Post by JIMDUECE`SWILD »

I heard ( through the grapevine ) that they will comp you for 1 night to start earning your comp dollars. Then any rooms after that depends on how many comp dollars you will have in your account to deduct from. Did anybody hear the same thing?
But I am going to check it out and see what kind if games they have and what they have to offer. The next year or so will be very interesting to see what kind of changes they will make.
I`m just curious to see how fast you are able to earn comp dollars. How much will you get? If you put $10 coin thru the machine, will you get 1¢ or 5¢ .
 We will just have to check it out .

Tomcat1569

Post by Tomcat1569 »

Apparently at the pre-opening on 4/2 anybody who signs up for a player's card on that day will receive $100 free slot play and $50 in comps. Heard this through a friend the other day so it is not guaranteed.

JIMDUECE`SWILD
Video Poker Master

Post by JIMDUECE`SWILD »

Apparently at the pre-opening on 4/2 anybody who signs up for a player's card on that day will receive $100 free slot play and $50 in comps. Heard this through a friend the other day so it is not guaranteed.

I received and e-mail from a Revel employee ( Former TAJ host ) and she said there is no promotion like that.

JIMDUECE`SWILD
Video Poker Master

Post by JIMDUECE`SWILD »

Just got back from AC. I went to Revel on Saturday to check it out. They had about 200 VP machines in 4 different sections.  I wrote some of the paytables down   JOB - 25¢, 50¢, $1-- 8, 5, 4, 3, 2,1   the $2, $5, $25,--8, 6, 4, 3, 2, 1, 
Deuces Wild - 25¢, 50¢, $1-- 12, 10, 4, 4, 3, 2, 1   the $2, $5, $25 -- 25, 15, 9, 4, 4, 3, 2,1
DDB- 25¢, 50¢, $1 -- 9, 5, 4, 3, 1,1 the  $2, $5, $25,--- 9, 6. 4, 3,1,1
 Sorry, I don't  remember if the dollar machine have a $10 denom.
 The do have Super Times Poker and Ultimate X
There is no high limit slot parlor/area or High limit table area.
They have mini- baccarat tables but no large baccarat table.

JT
Forum Regular

Post by JT »

There actually are 4 smaller separate high-limit slot areas, but they're not significantly distinguished from the rest of the floor, with the exception of one that's between the bar in the middle of the floor and the player's card center... it's a round, semi-walled area with a domed projection of a sky under it, and has $25-$100 slots.   No VP in there that I saw. There is a section with a fair amount of $1-$2-$5 multi-denom VP that's up by Amada, too.   

Most of the VP is multi-denom, whether it's nickel-dime-quarter or quarter-half-dollar. They also have some Build-A-Wheel machines in quarters back by the taco truck.   Did not play them, but they're there.

It's pretty, and I like the seating and the flat-facing sit-down machines which have no glare on the screens (hallelujah!) Was not impressed by the pay tables.   Was definitely not impressed by the one level of slot club or the service.   Maybe it will get better, but for all its glitz it seems not to care too much about serious gamblers, and appears to be betting heavily on attracting the "Borgata bimbo" crowd of twentysomethings that comes down from North NJ or NYC to drink and go clubbing.   

faygo
Video Poker Master

Post by faygo »