contest within a contest

Discuss the latest contests, contest strategies, and scores!
edog743
Video Poker Master

contest within a contest

Post by edog743 »

My friends well you have to make a choice in the march contest. Do you go for the highest score,or do you go for the highest bonus score. You cannot do both since if you get an ace on the draw and throw it away you do not get credit for it on the bonus. I find it a rather interesting choice.

faygo
Video Poker Master

Post by faygo »

My friends well you have to make a choice in the march contest. Do you go for the highest score,or do you go for the highest bonus score. You cannot do both since if you get an ace on the draw and throw it away you do not get credit for it on the bonus. I find it a rather interesting choice.
 Actually this works out great for my strategy for this contest. I am not a live poker player and would not want to win and spoil the possibility for someone that does. My strategy from the git go was to hold only the Ace even if it was from a dealt Royal .

edog743
Video Poker Master

Post by edog743 »

Uh Huh great strategy Faygo. Good luck with that

New2vp
Video Poker Master

Post by New2vp »

My strategy from the git go was to hold only the Ace even if it was from a dealt Royal .
I am a little confused about this strategy.  I understand that we only hold the Ace from a dealt royal.  But which Ace is best to hold when you are dealt quad aces?

faygo
Video Poker Master

Post by faygo »

[QUOTE=faygo]My strategy from the git go was to hold only the Ace even if it was from a dealt Royal .
I am a little confused about this strategy.  I understand that we only hold the Ace from a dealt royal.  But which Ace is best to hold when you are dealt quad aces?
[/QUOTE]
 My strategy is still under development and I haven't quite figured that one out yet.  I am partial to the Ace of Diamonds but then again.....

New2vp
Video Poker Master

Post by New2vp »

My strategy from the git go was to hold only the Ace even if it was from a dealt Royal .
More troubles with this!  I GOT the dealt royal!  But the dang autohold wouldn't let me toss the four non-aces!!

faygo
Video Poker Master

Post by faygo »

[QUOTE=faygo]My strategy from the git go was to hold only the Ace even if it was from a dealt Royal .
More troubles with this!  I GOT the dealt royal!  But the dang autohold wouldn't let me toss the four non-aces!![/QUOTE]
 Oh ratzafrirst! When will people quit trying to decide what is best for us.  Just solved it. Cntrl,Alt,Del.