Fa La La La La.... La la la la Groupies

Did you hit any jackpots? Did you get a great comp? We all want to know!
oej719
Video Poker Master

Re: Fa La La La La.... La la la la Groupies

Post by oej719 »

He means I am on a roll. That and maybe he likes Kentucky Fried Chicken.
Thanks for your patience in this matter Mr Webman.

bigboy

Post by bigboy »

He means I am on a roll. That and maybe he likes Kentucky Fried Chicken.
Thanks for your patience in this matter Mr Webman.

You made me hungry when you made that post about cornbread. We don't do southern style cooking very well in the northeast.

oej719
Video Poker Master

Post by oej719 »

Cornbread is easy to do. Buy a box of mix and follow the directions. I like to chop up a few onions and mix it in.
And hushpuppies is basicaly cornbread mix that you deep fry. BBQ and cornbread does sound good.

bigboy

Post by bigboy »

KFC really is garbage compared to what it used to be about 25 years ago. Roy Roger's is pretty much extinct, so Popeye's is really the only decent thing available now.

pokeherguy

Post by pokeherguy »

I like Jack Pirtle's but Popeye's is good also.

babybubba

Post by babybubba »

Typical video poker playing addicts' types of food (which BTW is a favorite all around the slums of Wash. DC): low-class greasy fried chicken, cheap boxed cornbread, and BBQing fat-laden ribs. Yummmmmy! Now toss in Tanya Harding as the cook & North Las Vegas as the site and you've got one classy slop-fest.

rascal
VP Veteran

Post by rascal »

Actually, the spicy chicken strips from Popeyes are not greasy at all and they contain much less fat than you would get in a small hamburger. I eat them on a regular basis and I would be willing to bet that my cholesterol level beats your's, Babybubba. Not to mention my blood pressure -- I pegged you long ago as a classic Type A.

babybubba

Post by babybubba »

Actually, the spicy chicken strips from Popeyes are not greasy at all and they contain much less fat than you would get in a small hamburger. I eat them on a regular basis and I would be willing to bet that my cholesterol level beats your's, Babybubba. Not to mention my blood pressure -- I pegged you long ago as a classic Type A.

The only fried chicken strips or wings I eat are the ones my wife makes here in the fryer with skinless strips, canola oil, and Frank's Red Hot Wing Sauce. I haven't had any trouble with my blood pressure yet but I'm sure aging will change that. My cholesterol level is a steady 159 and I believe it's a result of heredity more than anything else. Or it could be the 2 shots of JD Single Barrel cutting thru the fat that I down every day.

oej719
Video Poker Master

Post by oej719 »

I reckon having a spouse cook them at home after she has toiled all day to earn a much needed paycheck is good.
I always tell people that if you cannot afford to eat out then have nutrious family meals around the kitchen
table together. Saving money by not eating out is a good blue collar way of saving for retirement. We are all going to be old one day.
I have never experienced the slums of DC as you have. I usually visit the great treasures of our nations capitol and feel blessed to be free and know that all here have opprotunites that are found no where else on earth.
Sure they have that right to live in poverty, to gamble and drink their live away, but that is their freedom of choice to do so also. I choose to not complain but to seize the unknown and find new and better ways to improve this country for the low class, middle class, and even those of us in the upper class.
And alcohol does not have any health benefits that chronic drinkers pretend it might have. It is a fuel that is combustible. Just put a match to it and watch it flame. It turns to sugar in the system and causes liver damage. My drink of choice is fresh carrot juice that our domestic help juices twice a day for me and the kids.
Yes it is expensive, but so is a liver transplant.
Please stop drinking

babybubba

Post by babybubba »

"I reckon having a spouse cook them at home after she has toiled all day to earn a much needed paycheck is good."

Yup, but the 6-figure income eases the toil

"I have never experienced the slums of DC as you have. I usually visit the great treasures of our nations capitol and feel blessed to be free and know that all here have opprotunites that are found no where else on earth."

If you choose not to the complete view then you'll have no idea what to be thankful for....or why. That's been the downfall of the Democrats for decades and explains why voters speak the other way. Limited experience equates to limited conversation.

"And alcohol does not have any health benefits that chronic drinkers pretend it might have."

One of the many articles on the health aspects of one or two drinks a day--this from Yahoo! today: Please read with comprehension, Dr. OEJ, and if you have any questions just ask.
NEW YORK (Reuters Health) - In older people with mild cognitive impairment, having a drink now and then -- up to an average of one drink of alcohol each day -- may delay progression to dementia, new research suggests. "While many studies have assessed alcohol consumption and cognitive function in the elderly, this is the first study to look at how alcohol consumption affects the rate of progression of mild cognitive impairment to dementia," study authors Dr. Vincenzo Solfrizzi and Dr. Francesco Panza, from the University of Bari in Italy, said in a statement.