Contest Bonus - April 2012

Discuss the latest contests, contest strategies, and scores!
Webman
Video Poker Master

Contest Bonus - April 2012

Post by Webman »

We've prepared a fun bonus for this month's contest (April 23-30), and thought we would share it in advance this time, in case you want to analyze or discuss the implications for your next monthly contest outing.We will of course have the usual prizes for top score, which has its own strategies. If you want to try for the bonus win, you might need to consider some other plays.The bonus scoring will be as follows...Game: Ultimate X Poker100 deals10 lines per dealSelections available: JB, BP, BPD, DB, DDB, DW (multipliers earned vary by game type)Bonus scoring:The bonus winner will be the highest total of multiplier values on non-winning hands. A 12X hand with zero credits won after the draw receives 12 bonus points, a 4X hand with zero credits won receives 4 bonus points, etc.If you have a board full of 12x multipliers on 10 lines and win nothing, that's 120 bonus points.Enjoy!

BobDancer
Video Poker Master

Post by BobDancer »

I'll be addressing this in tomorrow night's "Gambling with an Edge."How big of a prize is given to the bonus winner --- as opposed to the regular winners? Bob

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Bonus winners receive Gold memberships, whereas the top score winners win cash ($500 for first place). Going for the cash is certainly the higher value proposition but some people prefer going for the Bonus prize where there is typically less competition, strategically speaking. And of course, if you hit a dealt royal flush at any point in your session you could always change your strategy to maximize your score over bonus.

faygo
Video Poker Master

Post by faygo »

Very diabolical  !!!!!!    

Galeygoo
VP Veteran

Post by Galeygoo »

Sounds like fun!!!  Can't wait  Thank you!!!

Volleydog
Forum Newbie

Post by Volleydog »

I got this one in the bag.  I almost always get nothing with those 12x multipliers.  But, the next hand after, I always get at least a pair.  Go figure.

limey515
Forum Newbie

Post by limey515 »

i like the idea of winning by losing!

Buffilita

Post by Buffilita »

wow I may actually have a chance this time.  thanks webman!