Today's Monthly Contest

Discuss the latest contests, contest strategies, and scores!
ginnikim
Forum Newbie

Re: Today's Monthly Contest

Post by ginnikim »

I cleared the temporary files, but it still tells me the contest is closed, to try again tomorrow.   I'll try again then, I guess.   I've never had anything like this happen.

edog743
Video Poker Master

Post by edog743 »

That happened to me once had to reboot my puter it was all good after that.

Bear s Mom
Forum Rookie

Post by Bear s Mom »

Turned speaker sound off and it works great.  Much faster.  Thanks! 

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

We are going to try some different sound settings to see if we can improve the speed for those experiencing this slow multiplier issue. I will post testing instructions when it's ready. If it fixes it, we'll add the change to the contest.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

We've placed a new version of the game up on the site (not the contest version... the normal games). If someone experiencing the slowdown issue with sound on could try it out and let me know, that would be great. 1) Go to Play Video Poker2) Choose Good Times Pay Poker (multi-hand)3) Leave the sound ON and play max bet.

faygo
Video Poker Master

Post by faygo »

Done Did. See PM

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Thanks for the feedback, faygo. I think we need to clarify the issue or
if there is more than one. People with issues, please report whether it
is issue A or B below, or both:

A) Multipliers move more slowly across the screen with the sound on, than when it is muted

B) I can not DRAW with the sound on until the multipliers have finished moving, but can draw more quickly with the sound off.A new version is up, so try that first, then answer if you were experiencing A or B above, and whether it has been fixed.This new version is in the normal games for testing, NOT the current contest so please confirm that is what you were testing when you post whether it was fixed.

Bear s Mom
Forum Rookie

Post by Bear s Mom »

The system works much quicker with the sound off.With the sound on you have to wait until all 3 mutipliers are up and then it allows you to deal..  I have noticed playing with the sound off on my system and the sound turned off on your screen  allows me to play probably 4 times quicker.  Bear's Mom

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Bear's Mom, please try the non-contest version and let me know if it works better for you. See my 2 posts above this one.

nova369
Forum Newbie

Post by nova369 »

You know  I am sorry, but it is not anything to do with slowness......It is just downright  booooorrrriiiinngg boring....I know I am not Gold or Silver  YET and I play all contests and this one is just putting me to sleep while I am playing...Sorry.