Today's Monthly Contest

Discuss the latest contests, contest strategies, and scores!
Bear s Mom
Forum Rookie

Today's Monthly Contest

Post by Bear s Mom »

Today's contest which is the monthly one is BORING AND SLOW SLOW to play.  And, no it is not my computer.  Takes at least three times longer to play than the normal 100 hand contest.  Am I the only one who is tired of waiting for the 1X, 2X, 3X etc to drop down.  So we have another 7 days of this - oh boy!!  Won't probably be playing it much.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Does Good Times Pay play slow for you all the time, or only in the contest? Try it in the normal games please and let me know.  Also, I assume you increased the speed setting?

Bear s Mom
Forum Rookie

Post by Bear s Mom »

Yes - I played it this morning because the contest didn't start until noon.  Was slow then but was hoping the contest wouldn't be.  And, yes I increased the speed.  Thanks!!

faygo
Video Poker Master

Post by faygo »

I found it speeds up when you kill the sound. You can hold the cards and draw before the multipliers have finished coming down.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Interesting. Bear s Mom, let me know if that improves it for you as well.

Bear s Mom
Forum Rookie

Post by Bear s Mom »

Well since I never use the sound that must not be it.  Also when I played several hours ago some of the Gold Members were chatting and were complaining how slow it was.  So I figure it must be the game and not anything else.  But, I do appreciate your speedy replies and concerns.Bear's Mom

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Even if your computer sound is off, try hitting the speaker icon within the game until it is muted (crossed out) and let me know if that helps.

edog743
Video Poker Master

Post by edog743 »

I played a session with the sound muted did not play any faster but  the cards were better best session yet LOL.

ginnikim
Forum Newbie

Post by ginnikim »

When I try to login to the monthly contest - a message comes up that says the contest is closed.   ????

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

When I try to login to the monthly contest - a message comes up that says the contest is closed.   ????
Clear your browser cache (temporary internet files) then try again. Let me know if that works.