Very Lucky Day

Did you hit any jackpots? Did you get a great comp? We all want to know!
mitch
Forum Newbie

Very Lucky Day

Post by mitch »

a short time ago I was just hanging around the house and my wife asked me to come with her to the grocery store to help her lift the heavy cases of drinks, so away we went and I put the drinks in the cart and I thought we were done, but she said she will be a while as she had to get a lot of smaller stuff. So I went over to the $ poker machines and found a Double Double Bonus ( that's all I play ) and I hit the Aces with the kicker for 2000 and then I hit 3s with the kicker for 800 and 2 more 4 of a kinds for 500 and I got the Royal for 8600 and that was it-I quit !! Well my wife was real happy and I was also, so I was just going to go out and grab some lunch when she stopped me and asked me to run her car through the car wash, so away I went and I played some more poker while the car was getting washed and the 2nd hand I hit the Royal for 6800 and while I was waiting for them to come and pay me the change lady said I should go after the Aces on the Double Bonus which was up to 2600 as nobody has hit it in a while, needless to say I hit 2 more 4 of a kinds and then I got the Aces-that's one day I will never forget !!!

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Showstopper or slow shopper - you make the call.

Some things sound too good to be true.  This is one of those things. 
If you published a few books about it and claimed you could do it on a regular basis then people would ask you for proof!

But congratulations if you seriously hit all those. There truly are some really lucky streaks out there. That's amazing.

babybubba

Post by babybubba »

"If you published a few books about it and claimed you could do it on a regular basis then people would ask you for proof! "

Nah...it'd be more like "If you had a strategy behind what happened, if you used it to win consistently for 10 years, if at the same time you explained why it is that optimal-play is for the birds, if the two most respected publishers in the gaming industry picked up on the truth and common sense of what you were saying and wanted you to write for them, and IF you were the only gambler ever to publicly publish an offer of a 6-figure challenge to any and all disbelievers that you could prove your success over the years, and if you had the two most important video poker books ever published----then no matter what's said after all that, the majority of players as well as gurus will become insanely jealous over your continued success. But it matters not and they and you all know it, for you remain smarter than any and all of them because you were able to beat the vp machines while they were not, and you were able to frustrate the heck out of every critic that ever came along and said you'd be gone in 60 seconds"

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Too wordy.

Mitch, what grocery store was it? Will you play there again or call it quits?

mitch
Forum Newbie

Post by mitch »

Von's on Russell and Pecos

MikeA
Video Poker Master

Post by MikeA »

Wow Mitch.....I once hit quad Aces with the kicker for two 2000 coin payouts in less than an hour.  They had the techs out checking the machine to see what was wrong with it!

Btw, Welcome to the madness herebouts!

pokeherguy

Post by pokeherguy »

{a short time ago I was just hanging around the house and my wife asked me to come with her to the grocery store to help her lift the heavy cases of drinks, so away we went and I put the drinks in the cart and I thought we were done, but she said she will be a while as she had to get a lot of smaller stuff. So I went over to the $ poker machines and found a Double Double Bonus ( that's all I play ) and I hit the Aces with the kicker for 2000 and then I hit 3s with the kicker for 800 and 2 more 4 of a kinds for 500 and I got the Royal for 8600 and that was it-I quit !! Well my wife was real happy and I was also, so I was just going to go out and grab some lunch when she stopped me and asked me to run her car through the car wash, so away I went and I played some more poker while the car was getting washed and the 2nd hand I hit the Royal for 6800 and while I was waiting for them to come and pay me the change lady said I should go after the Aces on the Double Bonus which was up to 2600 as nobody has hit it in a while, needless to say I hit 2 more 4 of a kinds and then I got the Aces-that's one day I will never forget !!! }

What strategy did you use?