multiplier games

Discuss the latest contests, contest strategies, and scores!
ground control
Forum Rookie

multiplier games

Post by ground control »

Video poker where the only way you can win is if the game deal you a 4 of a kind with a multiplier. Hundreds of thousands of players and only one player get a hand like that. Yes, OK I have some river front property I want to sell in Death valley.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Not sure what you are saying... just that it's hard? Or difficult to believe?Not everyone plays every day... far from it. There are only about 5,000 players in a typical daily contest, and sessions are limited for each player. There have actually been several dealt 4 of a kinds with multipliers today... the current leader happened to have an 8x (rare) and the 4 of a kind was with 3's (which drew 15 kickers).Calculate the odds of the above occurring in this game (50 play STP) and my guess is that the scores will all be well within the statistical probability, and expected.Also, the current top score (144,055) is nowhere near the top scores of similar daily contests with this game, so I would say this is far from over.More likely we will see a winner with a dealt royal flush, or aces with a kicker that is multiplied.The top scores in 50 play super times pay are always going to be incredibly high.
Any suggestions about how would you prefer things to be?

BillyJoe
Video Poker Master

Post by BillyJoe »

Any suggestions about how would you prefer things to be?

Yes, WebMan. Pick me as the 'wild card' just once to get into the TOC.

BobDancer
Video Poker Master

Post by BobDancer »

This is just the nature of videopoker.com games. Most of them are multi-line --- where a dealt quad or royal counts for lots of different hands at once. If you're playing hundred of thousands of hands, how many quads were dealt and how many were "raised from a pup" isn't particularly relevant. But in a 100-hand-contest, dealt hands will usually determine the winner. In contests featuring games where bonuses apply (like STP --- Ultimate X --- there are others), it's the combination of dealt hands and high bonuses that will determine the winner. And is largely a matter of luck. If we had a contest with 20,000 hands, single line only, it would be a much better test of skill --- and you might have 2 people competing. Any decision-maker on this site who recommended this type of contest on a regular basis should probably have his resume up to date. Bob 

BillyJoe
Video Poker Master

Post by BillyJoe »

This is just the nature wolfvideopoker.com games.

Most of them are multi-line --- where a dealt quad or royal counts for lots of different hands at once. If you're playing hundred of thousands of hands, how many quads were dealt and how many were "raised from a pup" isn't particularly relevant.

But in a 100-hand-contest, dealt hands will usually determine the winner. In contests featuring games where bonuses apply (like STP --- Ultimate X --- there are others), it's the combination of dealt hands and high bonuses that will determine the winner. And is largely a matter of luck.

If we had a contest with 20,000 hands, single line only, it would be a much better test of skill --- and you might have 2 people competing. Any decision-maker on this site who recommended this type of contest on a regular basis should probably have his resume up to date.

Bob 
Well, Bob, since a $50 Gift Card prize is probably not a "life-changer" for anyone, I don't think it is a problem having fun, bonus games in a contest. A single-line, JOB tournament would bore me to tears, especially @ 20k hands as you suggest.

faygo
Video Poker Master

Post by faygo »

[QUOTE=Bob Dancer] This is just the nature wolfvideopoker.com games.

Most of them are multi-line --- where a dealt quad or royal counts for lots of different hands at once. If you're playing hundred of thousands of hands, how many quads were dealt and how many were "raised from a pup" isn't particularly relevant.

But in a 100-hand-contest, dealt hands will usually determine the winner. In contests featuring games where bonuses apply (like STP --- Ultimate X --- there are others), it's the combination of dealt hands and high bonuses that will determine the winner. And is largely a matter of luck.

If we had a contest with 20,000 hands, single line only, it would be a much better test of skill --- and you might have 2 people competing. Any decision-maker on this site who recommended this type of contest on a regular basis should probably have his resume up to date.

Bob 
Well, Bob, since a $50 Gift Card prize is probably not a "life-changer" for anyone, I don't think it is a problem having fun, bonus games in a contest. A single-line, JOB tournament would bore me to tears, especially @ 20k hands as you suggest. [/QUOTE]
OK billy, what is your boring threshold? 18,000,15,000 10,000 hands.  I like the idea. It would keep me busy for a week or more.

BillyJoe
Video Poker Master

Post by BillyJoe »

[QUOTE=billy joe][QUOTE=Bob Dancer] This is just the nature wolfvideopoker.com games.

Bob 
Well, Bob, since a $50 Gift Card prize is probably not a "life-changer" for anyone, I don't think it is a problem having fun, bonus games in a contest. A single-line, JOB tournament would bore me to tears, especially @ 20k hands as you suggest. [/QUOTE]
OK billy, what is your boring threshold? 18,000,15,000 10,000 hands.  I like the idea. It would keep me busy for a week or more. [/QUOTE]
I lost focus halfway through reading this post, Faygo..

ground control
Forum Rookie

Post by ground control »

Yes, I have a suggestion. Put Bob, Billyjoe and Faygo on the payroll.....

faygo
Video Poker Master

Post by faygo »

How do you know we aren't? 

BobDancer
Video Poker Master

Post by BobDancer »

Although I'm not an employee in the normal sense, sort of I'm already on the payroll. videopoker.com DOES sponsor my radio show. And I get a small percentage of every Video Poker for Winners sold. I'm very grateful for both of these opportunities. So while I'm not on the payroll, I have a financial incentive to keep them happy with me. One way I do this is to write about their games, send suggestions (which are generally not posted here), and offer my services for various things.  So thanx for the suggestion. Maybe next you can lobby for me getting a raise! Bob