Why do you play the daily/monthly contest

Discuss the latest contests, contest strategies, and scores!
edog743
Video Poker Master

Why do you play the daily/monthly contest

Post by edog743 »

I am seriously considering giving up my membership for three reason's. 1. I play these contest's to win. I see no other reason to play them. Yes I was in the TOC last year as a random entry. I have also placed second at least twice this year. I should be happy with that but I am not. Every day I walk away from the daily contest more and more frustrated. 2. I have had a ongoing fued with Webman about the validity about these contest's 3. Is a personal reason. So why do you play these contest's?

faygo
Video Poker Master

Post by faygo »

Sorry to answer a question with a question but "why not". Not winning would never make me want to quit trying.

BillyJoe
Video Poker Master

Post by BillyJoe »

1. I have never won any contest on the site, nor have I ever been a random pick. I have never been in the TOC, and have not earned an entry this year.. I WANT IT !!!

2. I do not have a feud with WebMan.

3. I have no personal reason - I am an open book, and am often criticized for answering the questions of others openly and honestly on the Forum.  

edog743
Video Poker Master

Post by edog743 »

So, faygo you are fine with losing every day with no hope of winning? Billyjoe I can not fathom you wanting to win more than me.

faygo
Video Poker Master

Post by faygo »

So, faygo you are fine with losing every day with no hope of winning? Billyjoe I can not fathom you wanting to win more than me.
 Actually edog hope springs eternal.

edog743
Video Poker Master

Post by edog743 »

Yes it does until the spring run's dry.

YooperLinda
Forum Rookie

Post by YooperLinda »

Someone always wins the contest.  The ratio of non-gold members to goldies tips the 'odds' scale quite a bit toward the non-gold population, but there are still goldies who win contests. Everyone starts out with the same chance, and I refuse to believe that this site, or Webman, favors one player or group of players over another.  The only sure thing in gambling, or life itself, is that you will never win if you don't try.  You will never technically lose, either. That being said, the reason I never play the contests is that it's no longer fun for me.  I am on vp.com because I enjoy video poker and I'm a gold member because I love CHAT! 

doris13
Video Poker Master

Post by doris13 »

i play because there is always a chance that i could some day win a contest.all it takes is 1 good hand.

edog743
Video Poker Master

Post by edog743 »

I wish I had your faith Linda

edog743
Video Poker Master

Post by edog743 »

I had that hand a couple of time's Doris. But I still did not win. You know placing second is like kissing your sister or brother whatever fit's