contests

If you are having problems with a game on this Web site, post here.
don 1
Forum Newbie

contests

Post by don 1 »

Hi,
 My score registers 0 when I finish a session. This has been happening on a lot of contests. Why does this happen?
                              Thanks for the help,
                                                       Don

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

We've had a few reports of this now. It is most likely a problem with your cookies. Other people who clear their cookies have fixed the problem. But we'd still like to track it down and prevent it from happening in the first place.First, clear your cookies for videopoker.com and let me know if the problem continues. Also, let me know what browser and version you are running (IE8, Firefox 10, etc).

don 1
Forum Newbie

Post by don 1 »

I cleared cookies on the browser. Running IE8. Before I got your response I played a game and the score registered, but I got a blue screen. this was on session 2
                           Thanks, Don

don 1
Forum Newbie

Post by don 1 »

Score came up after 3rd session. Thanks for the help.
                                    Don

don 1
Forum Newbie

Post by don 1 »

session 7 came up with a 0 score again.

Mare2548
Forum Regular

Post by Mare2548 »

I have been logging out, deleting all cookies, logging back in and still get a zero score in the contests. Today it happened on my third session. This doesn't happen on other sites, such as Pogo. I think it may be a problem with the cookies that your site has, but I'm certainly not an expert!
Thanks for listening!
Mare2548

Mare2548
Forum Regular

Post by Mare2548 »

I forgot to say that I'm using IE8 and Windows XP Home Edition.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

It appears IE8 has some problems with cookies these days. Here is a thread discussing some of the problems. http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/f ... b463d04The answer they propose is below:"I first tried setting the internet zones to the the default level this didn't help. I then reset IE to install defaults (Tools, Internet Options, Advanced and Reset). This disables all the external BHO's and sets the browser to IE8 install defaults (you will get the IE8 nag screens again). It did keep all of the trusted domains in the zones, pop up blocker and allow cookie list. This did fix the problem "Please let us know if this solves your problem.

Mare2548
Forum Regular

Post by Mare2548 »

Thanks for the quick reply Webman. I've done the reset and will let you know if it makes a difference.

Mare2548
Forum Regular

Post by Mare2548 »

My third session came up as zero...how disappointing! Can you tell anything from your end? Thanks.