Anyone notice.. (a reflection)

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
njmike37

Anyone notice.. (a reflection)

Post by njmike37 »

..that is is so much quieter on the forum now that babybubba is gone?  He offended many people, but he sure did generate a lot of posters to come on and contribute to this forum.  I do have to say that I've never seen as many new posts every day.  Whether you liked him or hated him, at least he had us talking.. LOL 

In all honesty though.. he was very rude, never answered any questions of others without self-promotion or bashing someone else, and was harsh to many of the newcomers..

Mike 

shadowman
Video Poker Master

Post by shadowman »

Although there were many more posts I'm not sure there was much useful content. I do think that webman could unlock the Fa La La La La.... La la la la strategy thread if others wanted to politely discuss his strategy. I did do a simulation a couple of years ago and could share what I found. Or, I could do sims of variations on that strategy if people were interested.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Do I notice?
I do think that webman could unlock the Fa La La La La.... La la la la strategy thread if others wanted to politely discuss his strategy.
Yeah, polite discussion was the whole point of warnings, countless reorganizations and the creation of a subforum for the topic. 1 month and about 7 suspensions and bannings later, this is where we are  I am still baffled by how a subject could be discussed at such length in so many ways and go absolutely nowhere. I really wish Mr. Fa La La La La.... La la la la could take part in the discussion in a polite way along with some other members here that I know are capable of that, so that the discussion would be well balanced and stay true to his theories without speculation.  I wished that after the first warning, and even after the second. Now, I think we can safely give it a rest for a short time.

I'll reopen in at a later date and I'm sure it will remain more civil with whoever takes part.

bigboy

Post by bigboy »

[QUOTE=shadowman] I do think that webman could unlock the Fa La La La La.... La la la la strategy thread if others wanted to politely discuss his strategy.
I'll reopen in at a later date and I'm sure it will remain more civil with whoever takes part.[/QUOTE]

: It's time for your vacation, Webman! It would be the rare person who could discuss his strategyhyperbole with civility. There's nothing to discuss. Even when you asked him for facts, he did'nt respond.

rascal
VP Veteran

Post by rascal »

I am still at a loss for his motivations. If it was to sell books, anyone reading his content on this or other boards would have been a hard sell.

My thought, after some time to consider, is that Fa La La La La.... La la la la had some money (non VP money) and wanted to buy respect with so-called VP success, but he failed to understand what respect really is. Everyone keeps pointing to his refusal to properly explain the logic of his system, but I would have been satisfied with him simply proving his wins from that system -- which he refused to do.

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

Did not refuse but wanted you to bet him if he could prove it or not.  One hundred thousand or something I think.  I do not understand either. He did at last say he would meet with shadow without strings I think. But he would not try to prove anything here other than arguing without saying his point, then he would say "aha! I beat shadow again score for Fa La La La La.... La la la la!" without ever making a point first. Weird.  I kept looking for his points but am now more confused than answered about his style or theory.I would think someone a great system and with people critical of his system would want a  place to prove it so people would understand and believe him more. I tried asking a specific question but he gave all sorts of responses without ever answering for real or showing his numbers.  But he did not try to prove anything just kept saying "I am right and math strategy is for suckers" and things.  Too bad too. Miss you bubba. 

oej719
Video Poker Master

Post by oej719 »

Here is his deal. The man reminds me of Dustin Hoffman in the Rainman. He seems to have a photographic memory and a very sharp mind. But as most very high IQ people lacks social skills and is unable to control himself in certain compulsions and behaviors. His self esteem has to be proven or a complusion satisfied with each breath.
He has his system down pat word for word. All it does though is make a game within the game of video poker, by keeping track of credits at each denom and cashing out at certain times. The game has a defined start and a defined ending. The cashouts if any keep you from going home totally busted. He risk 57K for a goal of $2500. Not to bright. The special plays are just long shots intending to hit the bonus jackpots. There effect is only your credits deplete faster than with expert play.
He loves to play poker with his money or somone else.
He can rake up tons of points when someone comes to town to play his system. 400 credits at $1,$2, $5, $10, $25=$17200. Most stop and come to there senses before it gets that far because of the plays where you throw out winners to go for a long shot.But he gets to watch and guide as if he is playing,which gives him great pleasure and slot points. Ask a question and he can make you feel stupid , or answer in a way no one can comprehend because it is just a jibberish. His ego and pride is   eclisped only but his hate of anything expert or long term and his imagination. His system without the specials plays could make sense for someone who has no self control and needs a beginning and an ending and a way to keep score and take some bankroll back home if lucky and disciplined enough to follow it.

shadowman
Video Poker Master

Post by shadowman »

I actually hope he decides to meet me so I can see him "explain" his system. Although I know he won't be giving out any real secrets it would give me a chance to determine whether your description is accurate or it's something worse.

oej719
Video Poker Master

Post by oej719 »

Oh my description is accurate. To keep my privacy you will just have to trust me. And there are no secrets to share. Just the term "special plays". The 6 or seven of those are nothing more than holding the cards that pay quad jackpots and vary by game and involve tossing away paying hands. He has the ability to make anyone that has failed at VP or new to VP to be convinced that his is a almost sure thing. Very will rehearsed.

njmike37

Post by njmike37 »

Although there were many more posts I'm not sure there was much useful content. I do think that webman could unlock the Fa La La La La.... La la la la strategy thread if others wanted to politely discuss his strategy. I did do a simulation a couple of years ago and could share what I found. Or, I could do sims of variations on that strategy if people were interested.

Despite all the back-and-forth nature of a lot of the posts, I learned quite a bit from all those discussions.  I really don't believe in Fa La La La La.... La la la la's system, so I learned quite a bit of things from you and some of the others that tried to refute his system. 

Mike