East Coast Meet & Greet

Discussion about gambling in Atlantic City
faygo
Video Poker Master

Re: East Coast Meet & Greet

Post by faygo »

DaBurglar, I never paid any room fee at the Atlantic Club or for that matter at Harrahs?

xswansong
Forum Rookie

Post by xswansong »

Really Faygo? I stay at Harrahs at least 10 times a year and play there far far more than that. I am always charged a $13 room fee. They tell me it's tax on the room. Hmm going to have to look into this.

doris13
Video Poker Master

Post by doris13 »

maybe they're taking it from your comps faygo?i have always been charged the $13.when i'm rfb they take it from my comps .
xswansong,unfortunately i can not go for diamond appreciation this year,but i did get the jacket last year.

DaBurglar
Video Poker Master

Post by DaBurglar »

DaBurglar, I never paid any room fee at the Atlantic Club or for that matter at Harrahs?
 It's 5 bucks at the atlantic club....if u never paid it then something is afoot because according to all the hotels I have stayed at in AC, it is a mandatory charge they are all obligated to assess to all guests, and you cannot even pay for it with comp dollars. HOWEVER....the Tropicana used to allow guests who received comp rooms to pay the 10 dollar fee they charged with comp dollars.    In AC,  the Tropicana, Trump Plaza and Taj, Golden Nugget and Borgata charge 10 bucks per night in fees ....Resorts and ATlantic Club charge 5 bucks.   All four Caesars properties including Harrahs charge 13.....

BillyJoe
Video Poker Master

Post by BillyJoe »

I have had it with the Caesar's properties in AC, especially Caesars Place and Ballys, they suck in my book.  

Anyone else want to Vent about AC??

Well, look at the bright side, Burglar. In AC, you have many choices beyond the Caesars' group. What if you lived in Cherokee, North Carolina ?

xswansong
Forum Rookie

Post by xswansong »

Doris, if you want to give my wife your card I'll pick up your jacket for you lol.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

[QUOTE=DaBurglar]

The new Total rewards thresholds, where 15000 is the new diaomond and 150,000 is the new 7 star levels, and where the diamond level has within it three "aspiration" levels, are absurdly high and complicated.   The new Daily Bonus point awards whereby if you earn a certain amount you qualify for BONUS points are just shameless ways this company hypocritically encourages people to bet beyond their means and bankrolls.....think about it!

My perspective is a little different.

When I first saw the new thresholds, I was a little concerned, since we (my wife and I playing on one card) barely reached the 15000 level last year.

However, when I looked at the entire package, particularly the daily bonuses, I thought: "This isn't bad at all".

We went on one of the Laughlin junkets a week ago.  In two days play, we exceeded the 15000 diamond threshold, thanks to two of those shameless 5000 point bonuses.  We are now diamond , based on just two days play, until March, 2015.

In fact, my worry is that if a substantial number of players respond like we did, they will tighten things up.

I, too, like the new Caesars tier point bonus. I was at Harrahs in Joliet, IL the first weekend in March and over the course of about 6 hours I earned a little over 3,000 tier credits on my own and I also got the 5,000 credit bonus. I also left the next morning bucks up.

I should easily hit Diamond this year and probably up a Diamond tier level to boot.

JIMDUECE`SWILD
Video Poker Master

Post by JIMDUECE`SWILD »

[QUOTE=faygo]DaBurglar, I never paid any room fee at the Atlantic Club or for that matter at Harrahs?

It's 5 bucks at the atlantic club....if u never paid it then something is afoot because according to all the hotels I have stayed at in AC, it is a mandatory charge they are all obligated to assess to all guests, and you cannot even pay for it with comp dollars.

HOWEVER....the Tropicana used to allow guests who received comp rooms to pay the 10 dollar fee they charged with comp dollars.  

In AC,  the Tropicana, Trump Plaza and Taj, Golden Nugget and Borgata charge 10 bucks per night in fees ....Resorts and ATlantic Club charge 5 bucks.   All four Caesars properties including Harrahs charge 13.....[/QUOTE]

At the Borgata I only pay $5 room tax.You can pay cash or use comp dollars to pay for this The Amphoria Lounge has a $10 ( comp dollar )per person enterence fee. IMO this is the BEST players lounge in AC.

faygo
Video Poker Master

Post by faygo »

With all the comps I got, if they took 5 bucks worth I surely wouldn't miss it. Why then , if in fact they are charging the fee, shouldn't it appear on you statement of charges you can acess in the room and at checkout?

xswansong
Forum Rookie

Post by xswansong »

Faygo, I just booked a room for the 19th of April. Although the room is comped they still said I owe $13 at check in. I know from experience that at check in they will charge me the $13. I never charge anything to my room so I just express check out so I never receive a statement, but I would think if they charge you the fee it would appear on your statement.