december contest

Discuss the latest contests, contest strategies, and scores!
New2vp
Video Poker Master

Re: december contest

Post by New2vp »

Sorry, a bit too busy right now to play "seek and find."  Other than answering your question about playing a multimeter DDB, I don't recall anything new or interesting in the last week or so.  If you want my comment "in the dark" without reading your references, I would say, that based on past experience, s-man was probably right (not going with my feelings, but going with past impressions on s-man's math).  I don't recall your position, but if you were on the other side...This thread should probably stay about the "December contest."  Feel
free to post "truths" in the other threads that you want to rehash.  If
I'm moved, I'll comment. Good luck knocking my score off the board.  If you don't do it, someone else will.  I see that karin k has moved me down to 9th and I'm down to 4th in the Bonus Leaders' list.   Merry Christmas!

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

I want to also point out that Tedlark was on the leader board for about 20 minutes with 19,075 points earlier in the evening.

Thanks New, I went into the kitchen to get a cup of coffee and when I came back I was off the leaderboard. Drat, that darn coffee...

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

We go through this on a regular basis... pretty much every time edog doesn't get a good score and someone else does. Naturally, that will be most of the time, because these scores are incredibly hard to come by.We've had a lot of dream card contests up until now, and I don't remember seeing back to back royals previously in those millions upon millions of hands. It may have happened and I didn't see it, since it could be like this time where it fell out of the top. Naturally, a conspiracy theorist like edog will see something like this happen and see it as evidence of things "being rigged." If true, that would mean someone decided after all this time to stick in two royals in a row, because... I don't know why. I'm sure he can come up with some reasoning about why someone would do that. Of course, since the games are entirely random and these things do happen at some point in a random game, the results of his conspiracy theory and reality are exactly the same. Yes, it's very rare.  The biggest problem here is expectations. That's why I asked edog in my first reply how many dealt 4,000 winners he actually expects in this contest.   The other issue of course is being hung-on on the basic vs. Gold scores. We have been over this many times before as well. Since every hand is random, there is no advantage based on membership type. The features you get with Gold membership are clearly outlined, and non-random cards are not one of them. So expecting a difference between the "freeloaders" and gold members is not a reasonable expectation. We see Gold members win pretty much exactly as often as they should... I have posted numbers for edog in the past. Since there are more free members, they win more often. That seems pretty straight-forward to me. If you don't want the features of gold membership, don't go gold because it won't improve your cards. Dropping back to basic won't improve your cards either, but you'd miss out on the actual Gold member features. [quote] Most people struggle for alot of session's to get one decent hand.[/quote] Please define a "decent hand" and tell me how often you think people should get one.

edog743
Video Poker Master

Post by edog743 »

A decent hand is 4k or better.how often? AS often as you allow them I guess. One hand not dealt royal's or AWAK. Or back to back dealt royal's or dealt AWAK in a row. I never mentioned in this thread about Gold vs. the freeloader's you did. I went to non-gold for a while IT SUCK'S. I am not a conspiracy theorist by the way I just call them the way I see them.

edog743
Video Poker Master

Post by edog743 »

A far as every time Edog get's a bad score I would be griping about this subject every day. Daily/monthly contest's have been going on for about 18 month's now never have won. Placed second several time's. I think that has something to do with your sick sense of humor Webman. I know I should be happy placing second... but you do not get an entry in the TOC for first loser.

BillyJoe
Video Poker Master

Post by BillyJoe »

We go through this on a regular basis... pretty much every time edog doesn't get a good score and someone else does. Naturally, that will be most of the time, because these scores are incredibly hard to come by.
We've had a lot of dream card contests up until now, and I don't remember seeing back to back royals previously in those millions upon millions of hands. It may have happened and I didn't see it, since it could be like this time where it fell out of the top.

Naturally, a conspiracy theorist like edog will see something like this happen and see it as evidence of things "being rigged." If true, that would mean someone decided after all this time to stick in two royals in a row, because... I don't know why. I'm sure he can come up with some reasoning about why someone would do that.

Of course, since the games are entirely random and these things do happen at some point in a random game, the results of his conspiracy theory and reality are exactly the same. Yes, it's very rare.

The biggest problem here is expectations. That's why I asked edog in my first reply how many dealt 4,000 winners he actually expects in this contest. 

The other issue of course is being hung-on on the basic vs. Gold scores. We have been over this many times before as well. Since every hand is random, there is no advantage based on membership type. The features you get with Gold membership are clearly outlined, and non-random cards are not one of them. So expecting a difference between the "freeloaders" and gold members is not a reasonable expectation. We see Gold members win pretty much exactly as often as they should... I have posted numbers for edog in the past. Since there are more free members, they win more often. That seems pretty straight-forward to me.

If you don't want the features of gold membership, don't go gold because it won't improve your cards. Dropping back to basic won't improve your cards either, but you'd miss out on the actual Gold member features.

[quote] Most people struggle for alot of session's to get one decent hand.

Please define a "decent hand" and tell me how often you think people should get one. [/QUOTE]
WebMan, you work WAY too hard for the members on this site to get worked up over this. I, for one, appreciate all that you do to make this site enjoyable.

Have a Happy Holiday season.

edog743
Video Poker Master

Post by edog743 »

WOW, Billyjoe are you bucking for a new hat?
Webman for your sake I hope Billyjoe applied chapstick.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

A decent hand is 4k or better.how often? AS often as you allow them I guess. One hand not dealt royal's or AWAK. We "allow" then as often as the RNG and the user's holds lead to them. Based on a fair RNG, how often do you personally expect those hands? [quote] I never mentioned in this thread about Gold vs. the freeloader's you did.[/quote] You said " I think the freeloader's are doing the right thing."  [quote]. I went to non-gold for a while IT SUCK'S.[/quote] Compared to Gold membership, I agree.  [quote]I am not a conspiracy theorist by the way[/quote] Right, you just have a tendency to theorize about conspiracies.  Sorry, we've been over these issues so many times, it gets a little tiring. But since new people might be reading the new topices about the same old thing, I feel inclined to respond.

edog743
Video Poker Master

Post by edog743 »

I got one awak in two session's in this contest. I thought I was doing well. In hindsight that was not so.Yes I think freeloader's are wise not paying to get your head handed to you in every contest.

BillyJoe
Video Poker Master

Post by BillyJoe »

WOW, Billyjoe are you bucking for a new hat? Webman for your sake I hope Billyjoe applied chapstick.
I, too, just 'call them as I see them', EDOG..

BTY, it is 7:07 PM EST on 12/24, and a GOLD is on top of the contest leader board.