TOC champion

Discuss the latest contests, contest strategies, and scores!
BillyJoe
Video Poker Master

Re: TOC champion

Post by BillyJoe »

What, BillJoel care to expound on your GEEZ.
I stand by everything I said if anything I said offended you I am truly sorry.
You did not offend me, EDog, but I think that you are embarrassing yourself.

edog743
Video Poker Master

Post by edog743 »

How so Billyjoe. No pun intended.

edog743
Video Poker Master

Post by edog743 »

Am I embarassing mysellf because I am standing up for what I believe Billyjoe? Or am I am embarassment to myself because I say what I think? Or better yet am I an embarassment because If I see an injustice real or percieved I don't stand on the sideline's I act upon it? Or is it something else?

TsuDoNihm
Forum Regular

Post by TsuDoNihm »

I've been playing the contests since long before there were daily ones and while I've seen my pseudonym on the top ten list, (usually only VERY early in the contest - a big shout out to all the early bird regulars trying to do the same thing every day ~wave~), I've never been anywhere close to ending up in the final 10 and I've never received an alternate entry.   I've decided that my purpose in life, or at least in the contests here, is so that when people get to the splash page at the end and see other peoples scores they can look at mine and think "Wow! At least I didn't do as bad as that chump did".

Why do I play? (Besides helping to make other people feel better about their low scores of course). Because its free, it CAN be fun, (occasionally anyway, grumble... grumble... If I had a dollar for every time I hit aces with a kicker I'd have... um... probably about 3 bucks), and SOMEBODY has to win; and it just might be me someday.   (Which is probably as likely as pigs flying or my being able to ever build an igloo in Cancun). Besides, you can only spend so many hours a day reading about LiLo.

I've been playing here a long time and it keeps getting better and better. They certainly don't have to give out anything, yet over the years the prizes have grown and they even started the program where your free play earns points that you can redeem for free items. I think that's fantastic and applaud everyone involved with this site for their generosity, as well as the excellent customer service both through this forum and email. (Just to clarify, I DO get an increase in royals during my contest play for overt accolades for the staff right?)

And the most important aspect of it is WHY? Why would they rig the system? Its absurd to believe they might risk their entire brand for the modest amount of the prize money. Now that Videopoker.com has popped up all over the place that brand is worth quite a bit, and I suspect they take great steps to ensure it doesn't get tarnished.

That said, I'm curious if Webman has an explanation/opinion on something I saw during today's contest I found to be somewhat odd. Within about the first hour of the contest there was one person who had 3 scores over 600 on the bonus board. I played 10 games and the highest score I received was 361. In some bonus contests there is a good reason for some people earning multiple entries in that the game they select and the way they play can help improve their results, but in this case it appears to be entirely random. I tried various games to see if they generated bonus amounts at different rates, and all seem to be similar, with an average I'd guess to be in the 300-400 range. I find it quite easy to understand how some people could get a score that is nearly double my best efforts in 10 tries, but I'm having a little more trouble understanding how one person could do it 3 times in such a short time period. Comments?

edog743
Video Poker Master

Post by edog743 »

They are only playing for the bonus. chucking every winning dealt hand. hoping not to get a paying pair in return. Kinda pathetic  in my humble opinion.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

I came to the same conclusion after looking at their holds. Sneaky. Thank you for the compliments, TsuDo.

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

They are only playing for the bonus. chucking every winning dealt hand. hoping not to get a paying pair in return. Kinda pathetic  in my humble opinion.
 I just saw a couple of those in the recent hands area when my recent scores were posted. One had a total score of 25, and the other was even lower, at 10! 

vpwillis

Post by vpwillis »

Hey I do it also, nice change of pace and besides I think the bonus score is a contest within itself.    X2 on what Tsc said about this site.

TsuDoNihm
Forum Regular

Post by TsuDoNihm »

ahhh... I didn't realize it was losing hands only. I just played a game were I had 0 through about 75 hands and only 50 at the end, but still only got 569. Seems I suck at winning, and suck at losing too :)

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »