Ever help a friend win a jackpot??

Did you hit any jackpots? Did you get a great comp? We all want to know!
chuck arl

Re: Ever help a friend win a jackpot??

Post by chuck arl »

What the above story says that it's nice to help a neighbor while playing, but I prefer not to solicit advice. IF you give what is percieved as bad info it can and will be held against you. A good example, though not v.p. related, is when I taught someone at the racetrack how to play cetain exotic wagers. I used certain horses for examples, and those horses were used in that person's play. They didin't hit the board and the bettor became angry with me. Then I said, no more help for anyone gambling!CWA---

cddenver
Video Poker Master

Post by cddenver »

A good example, though not v.p. related, is when I taught someone at the racetrack how to play cetain exotic wagers. I used certain horses for examples, and those horses were used in that person's play. They didin't hit the board and the bettor became angry with me. Then I said, no more help for anyone gambling!CWA---

Serves you right for being nice (smiling).  If I happen to be sitting next to someone who I believe is playing dealt hands badly I just keep my mouth shut.  If they ask for help on a specific hand I'll give it, saying something like "Well, here's how I play it". 

faygo
Video Poker Master

Post by faygo »

Serves you right for being nice (smiling).  If I happen to be sitting next to someone who I believe is playing dealt hands badly I just keep my mouth shut.  If they ask for help on a specific hand I'll give it, saying something like "Well, here's how I play it".  [/QUOTE]

I have to be even more careful. Usually It's my wife sitting along side me. When she asks me "What do you think?" I either defer to Dancer or say I'm not sure. I just know as soon as I tell her to hold the pair instead of three to the Royal.... Well you know the rest of the story. That kind of thing makes the 600 miles from AC seem like a trip to CA.

MikeA
Video Poker Master

Post by MikeA »

If it's my wife asking me, I develop a bad case of the trots, cash out and run like hell! 
Serves you right for being nice (smiling).  If I happen to be sitting next to someone who I believe is playing dealt hands badly I just keep my mouth shut.  If they ask for help on a specific hand I'll give it, saying something like "Well, here's how I play it". 

I have to be even more careful. Usually It's my wife sitting along side me. When she asks me "What do you think?" I either defer to Dancer or say I'm not sure. I just know as soon as I tell her to hold the pair instead of three to the Royal.... Well you know the rest of the story. That kind of thing makes the 600 miles from AC seem like a trip to CA.[/QUOTE]