Ideas to make contests more interesting

Discuss the latest contests, contest strategies, and scores!
Videopokerjesus
Forum Regular

Re: Ideas to make contests more interesting

Post by Videopokerjesus »

JWAC is the way to go (but give it a better 5K)

I am actually in the loop with this new format, just outside of the top 10, and I would be in the top 10 if I did not have two, 0/8 days.

This whole thing with the games changing and the one game choice has made the tournaments so much better.

TsuDoNihm
Forum Regular

Post by TsuDoNihm »

I have a suggestion concerning the bonus games. Many times I've played my 5 and gotten the 3 extra only to find I either don't like the game being played the next day or don't have time to play all 8 games. How about a non-cumulative carry over for the bonus games? You could never have more than three "bonus" games at any one time, but if you didn't use all of them on one day they would carry over until you used them.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

I have the same issue SueDoeNimb, some days I don't like the daily contest and I lose the 3 extra games. I love your screen name by the way.

WVRadar

Post by WVRadar »

How about returning the Daily Contest to the old format next month (choice of games), then conducting the survey again.  This would give players the experience of playing both ways and might generate more responses to the survey, and/or a different result.

chattycattty
VP Veteran

Post by chattycattty »

How about returning the Daily Contest to the old format next month (choice of games), then conducting the survey again.  This would give players the experience of playing both ways and might generate more responses to the survey, and/or a different result.

I second the motion.

Deloradeuces18
Forum Regular

Post by Deloradeuces18 »

I don't think anyone has forgotten what it was like with multiple choices. It wasn't that long ago and we played it a lot that way, before the vote. Now that we've had a month of this, I am even more convinced it is better now. Seeing some daily winners who didn't have a dealt royal flush or dealt aces with kicker was the icing on the cake.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

The only way to make everyone happy is to take the daily contests away completely. Then maybe, just MAYBE, all of the griping complaining and outright bit&*^ng will stop!!!

vpwillis

Post by vpwillis »

I have to wonder if this is due to less sessons being played under our new format.  Would be interesting to see the total sessons played this month compared to last month.
Sorry, a reply to Deloradeuces 18 post.

vpwillis

Post by vpwillis »

The only way to make everyone happy is to take the daily contests away completely. Then maybe, just MAYBE, all of the griping complaining and outright bit&*^ng will stop!!!

LOL.  Here is someone that is griping, complanining and outright bit&^ng about other people that are griping, companining and outright bit&^ng.  I love it!!!!!

Mare2548
Forum Regular

Post by Mare2548 »

I don't see what difference it makes if a royal is dealt or drawn...one recent winner drew two royals to win. It takes luck to win, whether we're all playing the same game or not.