Super Times Pay ?

Why do you play video poker? What is your favorite game and why?
RoyalBird
Forum Newbie

Super Times Pay ?

Post by RoyalBird »

I'm going to be in Vegas next week.  I've been playing DDB five play for years, mostly in Shereveport at the Horseshoe.  I've seen quite a bit on this forum about STP, but have no clue how it's done.  Could someone tell me how it's done?

cddenver
Video Poker Master

Post by cddenver »

I'm going to be in Vegas next week.  I've been playing DDB five play for years, mostly in Shereveport at the Horseshoe.  I've seen quite a bit on this forum about STP, but have no clue how it's done.  Could someone tell me how it's done?

If you've never actually played it, it's available as one of the free games you can play on this site.  Once you're in it, you can click the "Help" button on the game screen to get more info about how it works.  It's never a good idea to learn how to play a game when you're doing it for money, so I'd advise spending some time with the free one here.

If you decide you like it, I did a game search here and saw that in Shreveport it's only available at Sams Town.  Good luck in Vegas!

njmike37

Post by njmike37 »

RoyalBird,

STP (Super Times Pay) is a game that can be very rewarding at times, and also very unrewarding depending on your luck. 

The game features multipliers that range from 2X, 3X, 4X, 5X, 8X, and 10X your win.  The good thing is that it doesn't matter what your winner is, even the jackpots are multiplied!  The harsh reality is though that it takes a lot of luck to hit a decent hand when a multiplier comes up. 

For an extra credit per line, you have approximately a 1 in 15 chance of getting a multiplier, so basically you have to pray that when the multiplier does come up that you are dealt something decent. 

I've had some very big wins with this game with those multipliers, but it can eat through your bankroll very quickly if you're not getting lucky.  I suggest trying it, but don't put all your bankroll towards it..

Mike

rascal
VP Veteran

Post by rascal »

It is one of those games where you can go down literally thousands of dollars, and then make it all back up on one nice hit. I have lost a bunch of money on STP, and really my basic winnings in this game evolve directly from 3 excellent jackpots over the past three+ years. I am well ahead at the moment, but only because I lucked out with three substantial jackpots. I know several others who are huge losers and have never hit anything substantial on it. It is as much of a slot machine as it is a VP machine --- luck has a tremendous say in how well you will do.

BOOPSAHOY
Video Poker Master

Post by BOOPSAHOY »

rascal-you are right you need "luck" or "timing". You need to get that multiplier with a good hand. Sometimes it seems like that good hand comes either before the multiplier or right after-it can be very frustrating!

oniegolf1@cs.com
Forum Rookie

Post by oniegolf1@cs.com »

FOR Rascal-what were your 3 big hits?

cddenver
Video Poker Master

Post by cddenver »

It is one of those games where you can go down literally thousands of dollars, and then make it all back up on one nice hit.

I've only got a few hours of play in on STP, but I agree with what you say about the sudden nice hits bringing you back.  I mainly play standard single line, and a dry spell there can have you needing a rare hit - Aces, kickers, or even a Royal - to bounce back.  In STP, hands like a dealt full house with a high multiplier can help bring you back.  I've only played it here in CO so far (small stakes).

I also agree with what BOOPSAHOY says - those darn high multipliers always seem to come up on junky hands, when right before or after I'm dealt something promising.  Grrrr.

cddenver
Video Poker Master

Post by cddenver »

FOR Rascal-what were your 3 big hits?

Don't ask him - he's posted on them before, but he'll tell again... and you'll be green with envy.

BOOPSAHOY
Video Poker Master

Post by BOOPSAHOY »

Yes Rascal-lets here it again!

rascal
VP Veteran

Post by rascal »

Aww, don't make me do this. It's soooo boring......

Top 3 (STP only)... #1 was my highest of all time, but the other two are just among my top 3 in STP, not my top 3 overall.

1. December 12 2004  Laughlin NV
STP DDB 10 play $1 denom
2222A dealt, multiplier of 10
gross $80K

2. March 30 2007  Laughlin NV
STP DDB   10 play $1 denom
7777 dealt, multiplier of 5
gross $12.5K

3. July 2, 2007   Laughlin NV
STP DDB   10 play $1 denom
5555 dealt, multiplier of 8
gross $20K