Hyper Bonus Poker

Why do you play video poker? What is your favorite game and why?
Webman
Video Poker Master

Hyper Bonus Poker

Post by Webman »

Hyper Bonus Poker

With maximum bet on all three hands, the player has the option to
bet an additional 5 credits per hand to activate the Hyper Bonus
Feature.

If a winning hand is dealt, a multiplier of up to 12X is randomly
selected for each hand and applied to the payout for the corresponding
hand.

After the draw, each of the three hand wins are multiplied with the
corresponding chosen multiplier and awarded to the player. Play Hyper Bonus Poker Now

pokerforme

Post by pokerforme »

Pretty fun but I wonder if die hard VP players will like all the bells and whistles. Multiplier games must be doing well with all the different versions but this one could be a attention grabber with the noises or that could be the very reason some wont play it.

edog743
Video Poker Master

Post by edog743 »

In anticipation of this months contest I played a few hundred hands yesterday and today. I am either missing something or the game is broke. When you get a paying pair the multiplier spins that I get. What I do not get is why do you never get better than what you were dealt. Like never do pairs turn into trips after the draw etc.  I would like to know why or what is the sense of playing  if after the multiplier spins your hand will never improve.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Keep playing and you will get some improved hands. Nothing is broken, you are just more prone to superstition than.... well, anyone I've ever met. 

This is just like how people say you never win anything when the multiplier is up on Super Times Pay. You do, just not very often. Because multipliers only come every so often any way and many hands are losers (with or without a multiplier). So winning hands WITH multipliers are more rare and if you get enough in a row, it starts to wear on you.But it certainly does happen (as we all see) and the draw cards are just as random with a multiplier up as they are without one. There is no programming that says "If a multiplier is up, choose some different cards."

edog743
Video Poker Master

Post by edog743 »

I played some more I guess it does actually improve your hand when you get a multiplier. The x1 multiplier I find is a bit rude though.

Vman96
Video Poker Master

Post by Vman96 »

In anticipation of this months contest I played a few hundred hands yesterday and today. I am either missing something or the game is broke. When you get a paying pair the multiplier spins that I get. What I do not get is why do you never get better than what you were dealt. Like never do pairs turn into trips after the draw etc.  I would like to know why or what is the sense of playing  if after the multiplier spins your hand will never improve.

Yeah if you played a few hundred hands and didn't see any improvement once, that is daburglar-like there. I played 100 hands just now since I am twiddling my thumbs as per usual, wrote every occurrence of a dealt winner and how often I improved. And yeah 1X sucks, but at least it doesn't come up super often.

High Pair: (16 times - 48 attempts)
Two Pair 6
Trips 5
Full House 1

2 pair: (7 times - 21 attempts)
Full House 1

Trips: (4 times - 12 attempts)
Quads 1

edog743
Video Poker Master

Post by edog743 »

Your results are considerably better than mine which is not suprising at all.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

Your results are considerably better than mine which is not suprising at all.

Its just ANOTHER example of the man trying to keep you down edog, choke up on the bat a bit and keep swinging.

edog743
Video Poker Master

Post by edog743 »

Thanks for the advice Ted. Sadly I can not choke up on the bat because my strike zone is a lot larger than most here which is from my own doing and I  accept the consequences of my actions.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »