Trips or better with outside pair?

Discussion about gambling in Atlantic City
onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Re: Trips or better with outside pair?

Post by onemoretry »

Surprised to see comments from "Senior" and "Regular" members like the ones above. Funny how people behave when they are online. After all, I am just a "Rookie" member. Comments, like above, reflect poorly on those leaving them and this site.    

I hope my post was not one of those referred to above.  It was intended to determine what expectation you were comparing your results to, and how often you actually were successful.  (Some folks do have unrealistic expectations).

jetermacaw
VP Veteran

Post by jetermacaw »

Harry, as I enter my second full year of playing VP, the one thing I have learned is to play optimal play as best as you can and that can be achieved by practicing on this site as much as possible. I read every post every day to learn as much as possible from these most knowledgeable members, they are only here to help. My game of choice is Quick Quads, started out with JOB, but it just got a little too boring for me. Last week I was playing 5 hand DP and was dealt 3 aces 6 times and did not catch one 4oak. Held just one ace later that same nite and caught 3 4oak out of the five hands. It will come but only by playing as like Quad Deuces says, holding the right cards at the right time. Good luck.

harry117
Forum Rookie

Post by harry117 »

Thanks to all. My expectation was about 1 in 9 to improve a pair to three of a kind. I went to Showboat for a few hours on Saturday. I usually keep a journal with length of play, machine, starting credits, 4 of a kinds etc. This time just for the heck of it I kept count of the outside pair "Phenomenon." 4 hours at 600 hands an hour gave me about 48 outside pairs (high and low).  1 time out of 48 they were improved to trips, and twice to 2 pair. It was a small sample - but, the results were better than I thought they would be.  I played JoB - then DDB, $1- $2 machine. It was my best day yet - RF after 25 minutes and a 4 of a kind handpay 20 minutes after that.       

Vman96
Video Poker Master

Post by Vman96 »

You counted improving to 2 pair as a hit in DDB too right?

If so the 2 pair stat was pretty rough. Glad you hit more important hands to overcome that though.