Opinions on the new daily contest format

Discuss the latest contests, contest strategies, and scores!
Videopokerjesus
Forum Regular

Opinions on the new daily contest format

Post by Videopokerjesus »

Put ONE good game for EVERYONE to play.

Makes perfect, logical sense.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

We do our best to keep one person happy, once.

Mare2548
Forum Regular

Post by Mare2548 »

Sorry, but I don't like having just one game! I like to pick and choose, especially if I'm not having any luck!

Minn. Fatz
VP Veteran

Post by Minn. Fatz »

And here I thought you all were picking on me. Got 3 points out of it anyway. Good Mathematics all.

Sandrina Roc
Forum Regular

Post by Sandrina Roc »

I hate the new daily format. When one game isn't doing anything I jump around till I find one that pays better. Else I get really bored. This continues I'm not only not playing the daily contests, I'm done paying you $80/year.

doris13
Video Poker Master

Post by doris13 »

not happy with no game choice either

jeaux
Forum Newbie

Post by jeaux »

I agree, I don't like this at all.

cardshark_2
Forum Rookie

Post by cardshark_2 »

Perhaps webman can explain the rationale behind the change to only one game.

Videopokerjesus
Forum Regular

Post by Videopokerjesus »

It puts everyone on the same playing field, and it makes the Daily Contest and the Winner's Challenge more consistent.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

The main reason was that several members requested this when we asked for ideas to make contests more interesting, and this was the easiest idea to implement in a timely fashion. At the time, I didn't see anyone saying it would be a bad idea but now that we've tried it, we'll certainly have to weight the negative feedback as well.Personally, strictly from a contest standpoint, I think this is better. The Winner's Challenge was fairly uninteresting with the previous format, as only a handful of players were making the right game choices to win and we'd see the same people near the top month after month. And for the most part, there is usually only one "smart" pick to try to win the daily contest as well (usually TDB, or DDB when TDB is not an option).Now, you don't have to choose between going for the Winner's Challenge or the top score (with some possible strategy exceptions) and the playing field is more level for everyone.But... I know people have their favorite games they like to play, and it's apparent from the comments here that some people like switching it up in the middle to keep things interesting.Later in the month, we'll evaluate whether this approach is a net positive or not. I know whatever we decide, there will be some who are unhappy with the decision, but we'll do our best to serve the community as a whole. Thank you all for the feedback so far.