New Fees Starting 11/25/13

Discussion about gambling in Atlantic City
DaBurglar
Video Poker Master

New Fees Starting 11/25/13

Post by DaBurglar »

Starting November 25, 2013, Trump Plaza and Taj MAhal will INCREASE their room fees from $10 to $15 per night! So that means, Kids, that your "free" rooms at the Taj and Plaza will now cost you 15 bucks per night when you checkout. I laugh at how these places choose to run their business.   They lose 30-40% of their business every year and their response is to simply add ONE MORE reason for people to choose to go elsewhere.   Bravo Trump, Bravo!!

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

Maybe someone in the AC area knows this but aren't these fees mandated by the state or local governing body?

doris13
Video Poker Master

Post by doris13 »

i believe it's the state but each property determines what they charge.caesar's properties charge $13 a night.

DaBurglar
Video Poker Master

Post by DaBurglar »

i believe it's the state but each property determines what they charge.caesar's properties charge $13 a night.
 AC Club charges 5 bucks per night as does Resorts!    I will be staying there more often but doing my gambling at Borgata and Harrahs from now on.... Tropicana is 10 bucks (plus the Trop, unlike everyone else, allows people, when checking out, to use comp dollars to cover the 10 dollar per night room fee.!    No one else in AC allows people to do this so I imagine Trop is violating some technicality, but I applaud this small effort/example of customer-friendly business practice.....its the type of thing AC needs more of!) Borgata I believe is 10 bucks and Golden Nugget is 10 bucks...... I do not know what Revel charges per night for fees!     But what this means is now Trump, at 15 bucks a night, is the most expensive "free/comped" room in AC !  lol   I guess this is all AC's version of what Vegas charges for "resort fees", which vary widely from property to property!

JIMDUECE`SWILD
Video Poker Master

Post by JIMDUECE`SWILD »

Borgata's room tax fee is $5
per night.

BillyJoe
Video Poker Master

Post by BillyJoe »

I am not an AC regular, but when I have gone, I have stayed, comped, at Caesars. I have never paid a room fee of any kind, so there must be some way around it through a host.

DaBurglar
Video Poker Master

Post by DaBurglar »

[QUOTE=doris13]i believe it's the state but each property determines what they charge.caesar's properties charge $13 a night.
I am not an AC regular, but when I have gone, I have stayed, comped, at Caesars. I have never paid a room fee of any kind, so there must be some way around it through a host. [/QUOTE]
  There is a way around it but it is against NJ law, lol.    As I stated previously, back when I used to regularly stay at the Trop in AC, they'd comp my room and then use my comp dollars to pay the 10 dollar state room and tourism fee.....Caesars my have dipped into your Reward Credits Billyjoe, to the tune of 13 bucks a night, and if you have a huge RC balance you might not have noticed it!  If however they totally let you off the hook, then they really are flirting with breaking the law....if this goes on widespread with all 7 stars people, it says a lot about how abysmal NJ is at enforcing their own gaming laws!

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

it says a lot about how abysmal NJ is at enforcing their own gaming laws![/QUOTE]

DaBurglar the resort, or "occupancy" fee has nothing to do with the gaming laws. I also don't know why you would think that a law was being broken because the hotelier choses to pick up the cost of the resort fee and nightly room taxes for someone such as billyjoe. You seem to have no bounds when it comes to your attempts at proving corruption in AC.   

If a bartender buys a patron a round  are laws being broken then?

DaBurglar
Video Poker Master

Post by DaBurglar »

I was told several times at Caesars and showboat by both a host and the front desk that they are "not allowed" to comp the nightly room charge/fee, that the state requires everyone to pay it.   Thats what I was told.   And when I said gaming law, I should have maybe said "regulation" instead, so congrats, you nailed me there! And if I have NO bounds at proving corruption at AC, you clearly have no bounds stalking my every post, nitpicking and criticizing every stinking thing I say here.....this is still a free country last time I checked.....of course that also means you are free to continue to stalk my every post so I guess thats a wash, but unlike you I wont go crying to the Admin or Webman and attempt to have you ......"punished".....

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

I do not stalk your posts, rather I merely check them for accuracy and report back on my findings. I help you out DaBurglar, this could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

I, however, have kept from sinking to your low of making personal attacks. One thing I learned in 2nd grade debate class was that; when your opponant makes a debate personal it's because they can no longer win based on the strength of their arguement and therefore they have lost.

If you simply post accurate and constructive information it would then give me pause to reflect on whether or not I would add to your posts.