Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Re: Free Play?

Post by Tedlark »

Excellent work.

FloridaPhil
Video Poker Master

Post by FloridaPhil »

I kind of felt it coming.  The machine started pumping out 4-of-a-kinds like crazy, then that happened. The guy three seats down from me got one about the same time.  They must have flipped the win switch on in the office.... 

BillyJoe
Video Poker Master

Post by BillyJoe »

Congrats on the RF, Phil

With regard to FreePlay use, I always use it on VP, rather than slots. I usually will use it at a higher denom single line machine rather than a normal (for me) denom multi-line. My goal is to get as much cash out of the FreePlay (usually between 60% and 80%) as I can, and then use the cash as part of my gaming bankroll for that trip.

Vman96
Video Poker Master

Post by Vman96 »

The only freeplay I have been getting lately, I have been blowing it on crappy paying Double Super Times Pay machines.

And what's the paytable on that "Triple Bonus Plus" game on that Game King there Phil? Is it really 6/5? If it's 7/5 instead, then it's a better game than 8/5 DDB.

And nice hit!

FloridaPhil
Video Poker Master

Post by FloridaPhil »

Don't know anything about "Triple Bonus Plus".  DDB is scary enough for me.  Gosh, it seems to me that if you are going to go for a roller coaster ride, you might as well wait for a Royal.   I normally get about 2-3 Royals a year.  I've been playing a lot more hands lately which hopefully will bring that up some. Personally, my biggest problem is playing above my bankroll.  I'm a quarter player and I keep getting in trouble trying to hit at $1.00 games.  It's a bad habit that I am trying to break. 

PokerParadise
Forum Rookie

Post by PokerParadise »

Nice hi, Phil! Hope you get some quads or another royal!

- Poker Paradise

Vman96
Video Poker Master

Post by Vman96 »

Don't know anything about "Triple Bonus Plus".  DDB is scary enough for me.  Gosh, it seems to me that if you are going to go for a roller coaster ride, you might as well wait for a Royal.   I normally get about 2-3 Royals a year.  I've been playing a lot more hands lately which hopefully will bring that up some. Personally, my biggest problem is playing above my bankroll.  I'm a quarter player and I keep getting in trouble trying to hit at $1.00 games.  It's a bad habit that I am trying to break. 

The variance of Triple Bonus Plus is barely higher than DDB; its about 5.4% higher. It's a nice DDB substitute at the CET bars in Vegas (7/5 Triple Bonus Plus > 8/5 DDB).

FloridaPhil
Video Poker Master

Post by FloridaPhil »

Interesting game. I don't find DDB to be that bad at the quarter level.  I usually play at least 1000 coins in a session.  Very rarely do I play 1000 coins without at least one 4-of-a-kind or straight flush.   The problem comes when I run out of money and start playing my tickets....  If I do this, I will go home with empty pockets more often than not.  I play a lot of single coin, but play max coin Jacks when I'm going to play for multiple days in a row.  I'm playing strictly for the Royal and the low variance keeps me in the game longer.  Personally, I've won more money playing Jacks than any of the other games.  If it weren't so boring, I would probably play it all the time. Hitting a Royal does boost my enthusiasm.

ChrisP
Forum Rookie

Post by ChrisP »

Nice Royal.  Regarding Free Play, it depends on how my trip is going.  I will normally play it on a higher denomination if the trip is not going too bad. 

COLTON
Forum Rookie

Post by COLTON »

Talk about flipping the "Win Switch," I was recently playing $1 10-Play Quik Quads and was delighted to be dealt a straight flush (something like 67,000 to 1 chance).  The fellow a couple of games down (also playing 10-play QQ) congratulated me on the hit and extended his hand, which I shook.  Within a couple of hands, he had also been dealt a straight flush.  That's got to be one for the books.  Now, if I hadn't shaken his hand, would I have hit two back-to-back?   We'll never know.