Free Play?

The lighter side... playing for entertainment, less concerned about "the math."
FloridaPhil
Video Poker Master

Free Play?

Post by FloridaPhil »

How do you play your free play?  Do you play it as normal or use it to take a pot shot at a higher denomination?

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

I play mine at my normal denomination of play because I'd rather try and stretch it out for more opportunity in case I don't hit something quick.

FloridaPhil
Video Poker Master

Post by FloridaPhil »

I can see the value in that.  I usually go big.  Most of the time it doesn't work, but when it does.... Oh Boy! 

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

No arguement from me there Phil, I love it when going big works out. But playing at the .25 denomination where I usually do, there's nothing wrong with those hits vs. jumping up to the $1.00 level. I like to play 10 play and I will, on occasion if I am hitting, jump up to the .50 level but thats still $25.00 a hand and money can go pretty quickly if it doesn't hit.

FloridaPhil
Video Poker Master

Post by FloridaPhil »

Agreed.  I have a lot better luck at .50 than $1. Probably because I can play longer. I always start the day with a $20 DDB at 50 cents.  Gets it out of my system and if it works I am already up at least $100.   After a good run, I've been down the last couple of weeks.  I'm getting ready to spend Thanksgiving week at the Beau Rivage, so I'm playing a lot of Jacks these days hoping for a Royal.  The last one I had was back in June, so maybe I'm due.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

Good luck during your upcoming trip to the Beau, I may try my luck there sometime in the near future.

TIMSPEED

Post by TIMSPEED »

I use it as extra bankroll to put in my monthly/quarterly play requirements.

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

I don't really like the term "free" play - after all, you don't get it for free, you get it based on past play. So, you've earned it.

I view whatever I am awarded as the equivalent of more cash in my pocket. My play, when I am playing it off, is exactly the same as if I had put cash into the machine.

FloridaPhil
Video Poker Master

Post by FloridaPhil »

The Beau is a nice place.  There are a few near 100% VP games in Biloxi if you look hard enough.  The Beau is so nice, it's worth the bad pay tables and they give you everything for free.  I would live there if I could afford it. 

FloridaPhil
Video Poker Master

Post by FloridaPhil »

Looks like my Biloxi trip is going to be good.  Got this Royal this morning at the Tampa Hard Rock.