Checking Winners Challenge while in session

Discuss the latest contests, contest strategies, and scores!
RandyMcspad
Forum Rookie

Checking Winners Challenge while in session

Post by RandyMcspad »

So I made a booboo tonight.

I was playing a session and thought I'd check the current "Winners challenge" scores. When I did this my session was forfeited and I was returned to the start of a new session. The forfeited session counted against my "8" sessions. I can check "Contest leaders" while in session without this happening.

Is there a reason for this action with the "Winners Challenge" if one checks it during session play? If not then would it be possible to have this act the same as checking "Contest leaders" while in session?

Minn. Fatz
VP Veteran

Post by Minn. Fatz »

I right-click the "View" button and select "open in new tab" from the drop down list. Works in Google Chrome and I assume other browsers with the same functionality. "Contest leaders" opens in a popup window so you don't lose your current session. Webman or someone who works for him might could fix that tho.

RandyMcspad
Forum Rookie

Post by RandyMcspad »

Hey! Good idea. Hadn't thought of that. Thanks Fatz.

TsuDoNihm
Forum Regular

Post by TsuDoNihm »

I right-click the "View" button and select "open in new tab" from the drop down list. Works in Google Chrome and I assume other browsers with the same functionality.

I'd be careful doing this. I've had problems in the past, (on Chrome), where doing anything when you were in the contest caused it to not properly record my score. For example I'd open up the "contests" page in a new tab to see what the following days game was and had the problem. As I recall Webman said they were aware of this and they suggested not opening other tabs or windows when playing a game.