Quick Quads

Discussion about gambling in Atlantic City
jetermacaw
VP Veteran

Quick Quads

Post by jetermacaw »

With the elimination of the QQs machines at Harrahs, are there any other available in AC, I think Mr. DaBurglar had mention some in Caesars, if that's correct do u know the location? Thanks. 

BOOPSAHOY
Video Poker Master

Post by BOOPSAHOY »

I saw them a few months ago at the Taj in the lobby smoking area.Multi-denomination.

DaBurglar
Video Poker Master

Post by DaBurglar »

With the elimination of the QQs machines at Harrahs, are there any other available in AC, I think Mr. DaBurglar had mention some in Caesars, if that's correct do u know the location? Thanks. 

wait, they took out ALL the QQ machines in Harrah;s AC????   you are talking about the 8 or so machines that had the 3  5  and 10 line games of QQs right?    What about the 100 line QQ machine Harrahs had over by the Video Poker bar, is that also gone??? Unbelievable,,,,,one more example of how AC continues to shoot itself in the foot.....QQ is a popular game!! Anyway, to answer your other question, YES the Taj has ONE machine of 3  5  10 line Quick Quads, a table top version that is actually just BEHIND the section boops mentions, down on the floor not far from the main room elevators.  You cant miss it with its unique checker flag signs.    But let me warn you.....I played it last week on December 4 and I played 3 line Bonus Poker QQ at 25 cents (so I was wagering 18 credits per deal) In less than 30 minutes I was down 365 bucks!   I hit NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING, not one Quick Quad or even a regualr four of a kind....but this is nothing new  at the TAJ in my experience.   I hae never ever won at the taj, never hit a royal, and as far as I can tell from my results, their machines are the most widely set VP machines down in the SLOT range of return percent.....what I mean is, almost every machine I have played at the Taj is clearly set to return well below what the paytables imply, and keep in mind, the Taj's paytables already are bad.     The only exception in the Taj's VP inventory appears to be a couple of their progressive DDB machines might be set properly to return the paytable, but I cannot say for sure.   Also i have never played in their high roller area so I cannot speak for any VP machine in there. One last thing, Caesars has four QQ single line games on the five star machines they have, but these too are abysmal performers.  You almost never get the Quads you expect or the machine advertises!   Very close to false advertising in my opinion.

jetermacaw
VP Veteran

Post by jetermacaw »

The 3 machines I played were in a triangle in section DS. They are gone. The 3 machines by section DD are gone. There is a new 100 play QQ by section DD, put not operational as of last week. There was also another QQ in the same area but could not tell what type or configuration it was as it too was not operational. A quick conversation with a couple of techs said more were coming on line eventually but they did not know the time frame.. This year I have hit 6 Royals on two of the 3 machines playing BP that were in section DS, and 1 4oak aces with kicker playing TDB.