All I Want For Christmas

Discuss the latest contests, contest strategies, and scores!
Jersey Michael
Forum Newbie

All I Want For Christmas

Post by Jersey Michael »

Dear Santa,
I like to play on a site called videopoker.com. They have a daily game contest for the first 23 days, that I always try to play. Before everyone got to play their favorite games during the contests.
Santa, there are basically two types of players of video poker. There are those that like high variance games. They're willing to take a whole lot of small losses for a chance to win a super big prize. These are the players that usually win the daily prize of $50 a day.
The second group of which I'm a part of like the low variance games. We don't win those super big prizes so we are less likely to win the daily prize but we do win smaller amounts more often. We rarely won the daily prize but there was more of a chance for us a once a month prize called the winner's challenge.
Videopoker.com changed the format for the daily contests so now we can't play the low variance games. We are losing many more games than we used to. For example in November there were 23 days in which we could play 8 sessions for a total of 184 sessions. Also for each session that we don't lose money, we get to play another session. The winner of November's winner's challenge won 125 times and so got a total of 309 sessions. He won a little more than 40% of the session he played. And he won the most of all the players. For those of us that weren't close to winning the winner's challenge, we lost over 2 out of 3 times.
Santa, I'm tired of losing. All I want for Christmas is to bring back the old format where I could play the low variance games. I'm not asking VideoPoker.com to take away the high variance players' favorite games, I'm just asking that they stop taking away the low variance players' favorites.

Sincerely,
Jersey Michael

itsalock
Forum Rookie

Post by itsalock »

There is NO Santa Claus!

vpwillis

Post by vpwillis »

Michael I agree with you but.........I think this site wants the format we have now because they know there will be many more different winners.  They have the winners challenge right where the daily contest is............its all about luck, the challenge has been taken away.  Hoping you and your family has a great Christmas and a wonderful new year. May many RFs comes your way.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

As Santa is famous for saying; No-No-No...

Remember the movie "A Night at the Opera" that starred the Marx Brothers where Chico tells Groucho "Ah, we alla know there's a no sucha thing as a sanity clause."

Jersey Michael
Forum Newbie

Post by Jersey Michael »

Thanks for the replies. In re-reading my post, I realized I may have been too critical of those that like the high variance games. We like what we like, that's why they make chocolate and vanilla. And truth be told I like to play the lottery sometimes which is much higher variance than any of the poker games here. So, I do understand how the dream of hitting the big one could out weigh the losses. It's just that when I play Video Poker I like the low variance games more.
Anyway, Merry Christmas everyone and a Happy and Healthy New Year.

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

So who is going to decide here? Santa, or Webgrinch?

T T
Forum Rookie

Post by T T »

I agree please go back to way it was. I don't even come close on either board