9/6 JOB acting strange

The lighter side... playing for entertainment, less concerned about "the math."
olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

9/6 JOB acting strange

Post by olds442jetaway »

I play a variety of vp games at Mohegan Sun. All of them seem to act about right long term except job. For some reason this has been going on for a couple of years. Instead of averaging about 1 or 2 quads per hour which would be about right, the quads seem to come in bunches of 4-6 an hour which is great or much more often 20-30 bunches of dud hands and then 1 quad in 4-5 hours of play. I understand that in the short run anything can happen, but this has been the pattern almost every trip for 2 years. As a defense mechansim and a bit of self preservation as far as vp goes, I switched to other games and am at least holding my own. Lots of damage done to the bankroll however on job throughout the past couple of years. Just curious if anyone has seen a similar pattern in their travels. I know DaBurglar has seen bunches and bunches of dud hands, but I'm not sure if he had any streaks of quads in the other direction. Anyway, just curious about the above and a Happy and healthy New Year to all.   

Lucky Larry
Video Poker Master

Post by Lucky Larry »

Olds...
I have a couple of favorite machines that i play including one with FP JOB, Bonus and NSUD. I can usually tell within a few minutes whether my timing is "On or Off" based on how I'm hitting. I've had several runs where I 've gone over an hour playing JOB without a FH being dealt or catching any quad.   The same for NSUD, I've lately seen streaks where my timings gives me few or now 5K or straight flushes. More frustrating is holding 2 deuces and only getting base bet back on multiple hands.

I just keep changing games, taking breaks, etc.

LL

FloridaPhil
Video Poker Master

Post by FloridaPhil »

I wish I could find a consistant machine like that...  I like to play single coin DDB $1s and go max coins on a run up, so for me 3-4 quads in a row would be a very good day indeed.