Unlimited play in contests

Discuss the latest contests, contest strategies, and scores!
Vman96
Video Poker Master

Re: Unlimited play in contests

Post by Vman96 »

Yeah billyjoe, he's referring to me. Since I don't own a gold membership (it's not worth $9/mo to me for the amt I play), I can't PM though.

I do have a PhD in chemical engineering from Illinois though, so it's possible I could fit in your company billyjoe. I'd really appreciate if you could email me further details about your company at tringlomane@yahoo.com.

Thanks.

Doug

cardshark_2
Forum Rookie

Post by cardshark_2 »

Why do the daily contests now start at 9:00 AM Pacific?
That means players in the central and eastern time zones who can only play in the mornings are now left out. How about going to an earlier start time.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

There are no more Daily Contests... contests are now weekly. The first one has a 9am start time, but we may move that up to 6am in future weeks once we see that things are running smoothly.

BillyJoe
Video Poker Master

Post by BillyJoe »

Yeah billyjoe, he's referring to me. Since I don't own a gold membership (it's not worth $9/mo to me for the amt I play), I can't PM though.

I do have a PhD in chemical engineering from Illinois though, so it's possible I could fit in your company billyjoe. I'd really appreciate if you could email me further details about your company at tringlomane@yahoo.com.

Thanks.

Doug

ISOPRO was the one that said her firm was hiring, Doug.

My consulting group is small, with no full-time employees. If needed for a particular engagement, I will use someone as a sub-contractor.

WVRadar

Post by WVRadar »

Why do the daily contests now start at 9:00 AM Pacific?
That means players in the central and eastern time zones who can only play in the mornings are now left out. How about going to an earlier start time.The start time only comes into play on the first day of the contest.  After that, the weekly contests are available 24 hours a day.  As far as the monthly contest, I believe that if you have played your five games for that day, you must wait until 12 a.m. PST to start your next five.I usually do most of my computer activities in the morning, so the new format is working out great for me

khkokomo
Forum Newbie

Post by khkokomo »

The new format is great. BUT... the winners are already established so not much reason to keep playing. It's just a waste of time.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

The top scores this week looked really good early on. More so than usual, I'd say (comparing to the winning scores in past contests with these games).But just a few hours ago, someone got a great hit for 2nd place in 50 STP (good for $100, if that score holds up). You're just as likely to hit a jackpot late in the week as early in the week, if you play.

WVRadar

Post by WVRadar »

But just a few hours ago, someone got a great hit for 2nd place in 50 STP (good for $100, if that score holds up). I had to smile when I saw who the current front runner is: I believe it's the same guy who used to start a game in the Daily Contest exactly at starting time then quickly end the game just so he could see his name on the leader board

khkokomo
Forum Newbie

Post by khkokomo »

I cannot imagine how someone playing one hand 100 times can get 44k. That just seems like impossible odds.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

I cannot imagine how someone playing one hand 100 times can get 44k. That just seems like impossible odds. If you're talking about the new Monthly Challenge, that is cumulative... all sessions combined this month. The other 3 games are single sessions as usual.  See the rules link below the game for complete details.