Cannot open new contests

If you are having problems with a game on this Web site, post here.
marie meijer
Video Poker Master

Cannot open new contests

Post by marie meijer »

Contests opened fine this morning but not in the afternoon or evening. Perhaps overloaded with many members trying to play new contests at the same time? I tried logging out and back in several times. Blank blue would show up for each contest and quickly revert to the flag background. Any one else having this problem? Any suggestions? Perhaps it's for the BEST! T Y! (group challenges and forum are accessible)

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Clear your browser cache (temporary internet files).

WVRadar

Post by WVRadar »

Just read this message and solved my wife's problem.  When I bought her a tablet for her birthday last year and read the reviews the major complaint was the browser.  Several people said Dolphin had cured the problem, but it made no difference on my wife's tablet.  Pages were taking forever to load, if ever.  I ttried a couple of other browsers but nothing worked.Then I signed up for a free month of NetFlix on my PlayStation.  I had noticed that NetFlix was already installed on the tablet so I decided to try it.  You could have knocked me over with a feather when the streaming video ran perfectly.  I had always figured the browser was hogging all the memory, but when the videos worked I knew that the tablet should have been able to work on the internet, I just needed to find the right browser.My daughter recommended that I try Safari, so I tried to get it at the Amazon App Store but Safari didn't show up in the search results.  Opera Mobile did though.Downloaded it, went to the contests on this site and it worked perfectly.  I told my wife I had take care of the problem.  However, when she tried it the next day, it ran other sites okay but VideoPoker.com was as bad as before.I decided to report the problem on this forum and while I was scrolling through the topics I saw your answer: problem solved.  Kudos Webman.

WVRadar

Post by WVRadar »

My daughter recommended that I try Safari, so I tried to get it at the Amazon App Store but Safari didn't show up in the search results.  Opera Mobile did though.Downloaded it, went to the contests on this site and it worked perfectly.  I told my wife I had take care of the problem.  However, when she tried it the next day, it ran other sites okay but VideoPoker.com was as bad as before.I decided to report the problem on this forum and while I was scrolling through the topics I saw your answer: problem solved.  Kudos Webman.Looks like I spoke too soon.  After I downloaded Opera I tested it out on the Monthly Contest and it worked fine, so I assumed it was good to go.  However, my wife prefers playing the Weekly Contests.  When she tried to play, she experienced the same problem.I checked the Opera browser and discovered that Opera Link (lets you sync with other devices) was turned off.  I turned it on, tried one of the Weekly Contest games and it worked perfect.  I thought the problem was solved but when she tried to play the Weekly Contest it locked up and wouldn't let her continue.  I tried clearing the browser again but it still didn't work.  The Monthly Contest still works.I hope you can fix this soon.  I keep telling her it's fixed and she proves me wrong.  She's ready to divorce me and I'm ready to kill her

WVRadar

Post by WVRadar »

My bad Webman.  I think I have it figured out: multiple accounts on the tablet were causing Opera Link to be turned off every time either one of us (I was also unable to play the contest after the first time) tried to play.