Movin' On Up at Harrahs LV

Why do you play video poker? What is your favorite game and why?
baldie
Forum Regular

Movin' On Up at Harrahs LV

Post by baldie »

Has anyone else seen this game variation? Basically your choice of drawing two or three times using the same cards (or changing your hold if you get a better hand).
Example:
1st hand   hold k q draw pair of queens
2nd hand   hold q q draw third queen plus A A
3rd hand   hold all

so you are paid for pair,full house and full house.

If I remember correctly there was a 15 credit premium bet for 2 draw and 30 for 3 draws.

It was a lot of fun to play and I did quite well the times I played it.

Anyone seen it elsewhere?

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

I used to see this game at the Iowa boats but I haven't looked for it. You're spot on about getting paid for each winning combination in the hand.

ddbplayahhh
Forum Rookie

Post by ddbplayahhh »

I saw it at Green Valley Ranch when I was there a couple of months ago. It was a fun game and lucrative at times.

POKERKAT
Forum Regular

Post by POKERKAT »

This game might be "3 way action poker". It's 5 card draw, and then 7 card stud. Lots of fun. Not too many left in Vegas. Used to be at Wynn on the strip and Plaza downtown.

ddbplayahhh
Forum Rookie

Post by ddbplayahhh »

It's not 3 way action poker. It's called "movin' on up". I haven't seen it too many places. Harrah's LV has it for quarters and GVR has it for nickels, dimes, and quarters. 3 way action poker is fun too but this is a completely different game.

knagl
Forum Regular

Post by knagl »

Movin' On Up can also be found at Red Rock Resort. $0.05 minimum on the Triple Draw Triple Play games (30 credit max bet), and $0.10 minimum on the Double Draw Double Play games (15 credit max bet).

The Wizard of Odds has an explanation of the game as well as paytable information on his site at the following link:

http://wizardofodds.com/games/video-pok ... vin-on-up/

Vman96
Video Poker Master

Post by Vman96 »

Movin' On Up can also be found at Red Rock Resort. $0.05 minimum on the Triple Draw Triple Play games (30 credit max bet), and $0.10 minimum on the Double Draw Double Play games (15 credit max bet).

The Wizard of Odds has an explanation of the game as well as paytable information on his site at the following link:

http://wizardofodds.com/games/video-pok ... vin-on-up/

It may be ridiculously coincidental, but I linked a thread about "Treasure Chest" poker that you were active in another forum yesterday...some other forum didn't inform you of the link, right?