New Format - New winners

Discuss the latest contests, contest strategies, and scores!
RandyMcspad
Forum Rookie

New Format - New winners

Post by RandyMcspad »

I haven't played much in the recent past. I became discouraged when two or three players were 'consistent' winners, prior to the most recent changes. Guess I became less interested in coming to VideoPoker.com. The end results of this dominance is that most days now I don't even think of the site.

Anyway, looking through the recent past winners lists I'm glad to see that two particular names no longer dominate the "winner" title. Guess there 'luck' or 'skill level' ran out. Just saying...

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

I assume you're talking about the Winner's Challenge that we used to run. There were a couple strategies they used that really gave them a big edge in that format. Which I congratulate them on, but at the same time it got old for most people (like you).The new monthly challenge definitely lends itself to more diversity in the winners, and a variety of strategies that can get you towards the top. I think it's much improved (though I know the 10-12 people who consistently did well in the Winner's Challenge would disagree).As for the weekly contests (and previous daily contests) I'm not aware of anyone who dominated consistently, so I assume you're talking primarily about the Winner's Challenge.Welcome back! I hope you give the new format a try and enjoy it.

edog743
Video Poker Master

Post by edog743 »

I think the new format is basically the same as the old one same tired games the difference is now I don't play them for a whole week rather than just one day.

Minn. Fatz
VP Veteran

Post by Minn. Fatz »

The "winning" strategy for the "old" Winner's Challenge was fairly straightforward: play the game with the best EV and reasonable volatility available each day with near-perfect strategy, saving your bonus games for the best such games in a month. I probably wasn't in the top dozen but I did manage to knock out some impressive sessions that way and netted a couple entries to the Tournament of Champions.

Personally, I'm glad that the new Monthly Challenge (at least this month) is single-hand. It's practically impossible to win a multi-hand challenge without getting a rare dealt RF (or 4 Aces+kicker in TDB), plus possibly also a good multiplier.

ko95945
Forum Newbie

Post by ko95945 »

ok maybe im missing something where are the entries to drawings?