New Jersey Sports Betting

Discussion about gambling in Atlantic City
BillyJoe
Video Poker Master

New Jersey Sports Betting

Post by BillyJoe »

I never understood why NJ couldn't do sports betting. I guess, they can't either..
N.J. filing: Sports betting ban violates states' rights
New Jersey submitted another filing on Tuesday to boost its case against a federal sports betting ban. Attorney Theodore Olson said the ban interferes with states' rights and treats states differently based on when respective laws permitting betting were passed. The U.S. Supreme Court could decide this month whether or not to hear the case. Las Vegas Sun/The Associated Press (6/3)

DaBurglar
Video Poker Master

Post by DaBurglar »

this is one of the easiest, most direct ways that AC could in fact rescue itself from what seems to be an inevitable slide into oblivion......Sports betting would help in so many ways in so much as it would give them a prime boost during the "off season" of winter......I hope they get it.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

You are absolutely right. My guess is they won't " get " it. There are other influences at work here that we will never be privey to.

DaBurglar
Video Poker Master

Post by DaBurglar »

You are absolutely right. My guess is they won't " get " it. There are other influences at work here that we will never be privey to. good point.....what  do you personally think some of those other influences actually are? 

Francois
Forum Rookie

Post by Francois »

I do not understand how this is possible in one part of America and not others. The "land of the free" is very restricted when it comes to some things. In parts of Europe you can pop out your cell phone and place a bet on just about anything at any time, including sports betting. You are not all as free as you imagine, though I love your country.