has anyone flown Spirit Airlines to Vegas

Discuss all things Las Vegas. Hotels, restaurants, good deals, airfares, cabbies, conventions, shows, etc.
cook1947

has anyone flown Spirit Airlines to Vegas

Post by cook1947 »

I am just curious if anyone has flown Spirit Airlines to Vegas? The price was so low, I had to jump on it, but just not so sure about it now. I have done Sun Country many times, but never this one. I am going June 30 thru July 7. Just hoping I am flying this thing and not pushing it!!

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

I think you may have stubbed your toe with Spirit Airlines cookie. The price was low but you pay for EVERYTHING. My brother has flown into Chicago from Dallas and they've never arrived on time. My advice would be to keep your luggage count low and bring something onto the plane to snack on. I don't believe that the onboard toilets require dimes yet though.

TxGameShowFan
Forum Newbie

Post by TxGameShowFan »

Oh dear. You'll be better to FedEx your baggage. And perhaps yourself. Just follow the bouncing links...

http://consumerist.com/2014/02/20/every ... ts-anyway/
http://consumerist.com/2014/04/10/spiri ... n-the-u-s/
http://consumerist.com/2013/05/22/spiri ... elusional/

And finally, the possibility of paying $100 for a carry-on...

http://consumerist.com/2012/10/02/spiri ... y-on-bags/

cook1947

Post by cook1947 »

I have just found all this out. The flight was only $110 one way (From MPLS) but after paying $60 for my bag, I realize it wasn't that great. The times are awkward also. My flight leaves MPLS at 9:15 PM, but coming back I leave at 1:10 AM and arrive at 5 AM. They claim their seats are bigger, but I just didn't check close enough. I will wait until I come back to see if I am crabbing or happy.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

Maybe the pilot's seats are bigger. My brother brought a left over sub sandwich to eat on his flight and he had everyone jealous.

cook1947

Post by cook1947 »

Maybe the pilot's seats are bigger. My brother brought a left over sub sandwich to eat on his flight and he had everyone jealous.
 Last trip home from Vegas, gentleman sitting next to me at the airport decided to treat himself to a Philly  Cheesesteak sandwich with extra onions and peppers...all the other passengers just LOVED that!

Texas Gramma
Forum Newbie

Post by Texas Gramma »

My son and I took The D's Spirit Airline offer a year or two ago between Christmas and New Year... and
there is not enough money to make either of us ever fly Spirit again.
Believe me, it is not worth the freeplay or the price. Look at some online reviews of
the airline if you don't believe me. A lot of people's flights got
cancelled... ours did not... but the plane was extremely old and the
seats broken... the whole flight was scary and noisy!!! The personnel
were for the most part very nice, but we felt sorry for them to have to
fly in those planes. The seats had no legroom and our armrests were broken and mine did not recline.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

That is scary. I would rather run a quarter mile drag without a harness or helmet and no parachute than fly in those crates.

pokerpokerpoker
VP Veteran

Post by pokerpokerpoker »

If Spirit was the only ticket at a reasonable price, I would fly on them again. But, when I go to Vegas I only bring a backpack with a change or two of clothes and the clothes on my back. If you can avoid all the fees, why not save a hundred bucks per ticket?

As far as budget airlines go, I prefer Allegiant. This past spring break I paid $100 each way plus $20 for an exit row seat. So $240 round trip from Chicago (Southbend) to Vegas- seems like a good deal to me. Again, I didn't bring any baggage.

First choice of course will always be Southwest: snacks,drinks, baggage all included.

BillyJoe
Video Poker Master

Post by BillyJoe »

First choice of course will always be Southwest: snacks,drinks, baggage all included.
And free TV channels via DISH Network on your Wi-Fi enabled device on most of their planes, especially the ones that fly across the country.