My theory on long term results

The lighter side... playing for entertainment, less concerned about "the math."
BillyJoe
Video Poker Master

Re: My theory on long term results

Post by BillyJoe »

I think I have a toned down and cheaper version of the Billy Joe philosophy.    ....
And what, pray tell, would that be ? I don't know what the heck I am doing half of the time, so please enlighten me..

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

And that is the fun part BJ. Not knowing what you are doing until you get there or are in the middle of it. Works for me.

Lucky Larry
Video Poker Master

Post by Lucky Larry »

There is no strategy that will change the odds of a negative expectation game to positive.  However, there are strategies that can reduce your loses and put you in position to take greater advantage of your wins. With the right strategy and a lot of luck you may even make a profit for a period of time.  That period of time could be your lifetime.  No matter what anyone says, there are people who lose long term playing 100% games and there are some that win playing negative games.  Luck is such a huge part of gambling that no one can out think or strategize the outcome.  I'm not saying strategy is unimportant.  I'm saying it's not all there is. 

Luck (timing) plays such and incredible part of VP. Even with our luck and playing 98-99% accurate we still know our long-term will be negative. But, we play for enjoyment. If we were playing to make a living we'd be awfully hungry and sleeping on the ground.

BillyJoe
Video Poker Master

Post by BillyJoe »

[QUOTE=FloridaPhil] There is no strategy that will change the odds of a negative expectation game to positive. 
Luck (timing) plays such an incredible part of VP. Even with our luck and playing 98-99% accurate we still know our long-term will be negative. But, we play for enjoyment. If we were playing to make a living we'd be awfully hungry and sleeping on the ground.[/QUOTE]
I know that if I had to play VP for a living, I would be a lot thinner..

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

[QUOTE=Lucky Larry] [QUOTE=FloridaPhil] There is no strategy that will change the odds of a negative expectation game to positive. 
Luck (timing) plays such an incredible part of VP. Even with our luck and playing 98-99% accurate we still know our long-term will be negative. But, we play for enjoyment. If we were playing to make a living we'd be awfully hungry and sleeping on the ground.[/QUOTE]
I know that if I had to play VP for a living, I would be a lot thinner.. [/QUOTE]

Ah,.....but look at all the girls who wouldn't have had the pleasure of your company and insight.