Suggestion for contest format

Discuss the latest contests, contest strategies, and scores!
shycrow
Forum Newbie

Suggestion for contest format

Post by shycrow »

It seems we have a lot of pros and cons for the new format, but what I've found is a lot of frustration and folks losing interest. My suggestion is a bit of a compromise. Instead of going back to the old format, or sticking with this one as it is, how about considering  a daily contest and a weekly instead of weekly and monthly?
I think this way people will not lose interest. And in the weekly will not get so far behind cumulatively that they stop playing after a certain point as they do in the monthly.Also the daily scores, though high, will not feel unattainable as they do by the end of the week. 
There can be less prize money , as I don t so much feel as it's the money , people just want to feel as if they have a chance. Anyway.,.,that's my suggestion

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

I do think we will be bringing back daily contests in the very near future and adjusting the format. Thank you for the good feedback!

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

We will likely end up with the following:Daily contest ($25)Featured Weekly contest (Prizes TBD, but similar to now)Monthly Challenge ($250 top prize, prizes for 2-5th)Additional End of Month Contest (to be announced)The prize structure will be adjusted to make sure we're still giving away as much (or more) per month. I also believe the Monthly Challenge should have more winners. It's been an epic battle each month and I would like to see more people rewarded for their efforts.

shycrow
Forum Newbie

Post by shycrow »

Thank you for responding and so very quickly. Sounds like you have some great ideas already . I know it must get so hard to try and please so many and only posed my suggestion as I've heard of so many people quitting early and feeling like they have no chance 
You mentioned the epic battle in the monthly. I'm fortunate enough to be in the top ten this week and all I hope for is to try and remain there and win an entry to the ToC. But it's doubtful and truly a tough competition.
Thanks for a great site and for being so responsive to the players

WVRadar

Post by WVRadar »

We will likely end up with the following:Daily contest ($25)

Are you considering limiting the number of games you can play each day?

WVRadar

Post by WVRadar »

I think this way people will not lose interest. And in the weekly will not get so far behind cumulatively that they stop playing after a certain point as they do in the monthly.Good point.  While I'm still playing the monthly contest, my wife doesn't specifically for the reason you stated: if you happen to miss playing a day or two, you have almost no chance of winning.

katipug

Post by katipug »

I for one don't like the long drawn out monthly contest. Use to look forward to the end of the month and even the holiday themed contests. I like chocolate ice cream, but if I had to eat it day after day would quickly get sick of it. I also don't have that kind of time to try and amass the large number of sessions you need to play. The chat-room buzz for the end of the month contest doesn't exist anymore either, nothing to look forward to I guess. I quit playing the monthly game after the new format change, it's kinda like the movie Groundhog Day, same ole, same ole, day after day. On a cheerier note, although I'm not much of a Keno player, but have enjoyed the weeks you have had a keno contest, been fun trying something new and listening to the other players on chat Happy 4th of July to All!!

edog743
Video Poker Master

Post by edog743 »

Suprisingly I agree with Kati. If you do not expand the games we play in the contests you might as well leave it the way it is. We play maybe 20-30% of the VP games available to be played on this site. We should be playing all of them then people wouldn't get bored with the contests.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Katipug, help me understand. What appealed to you in the end of month contests that is not currently offered in the weekly contests?Our goal is not to offer any one format that appeals to everyone, but a variety of formats that hopefully everyone can find a part in and enjoy. The Monthly Challenge certainly isn't intended for everyone.Hopefully a return of Daily Contests in addition to weekly and monthly will offer the variety that some are looking for. We do hope to add more games to the rotation before the end of the year as well.

pokerforme

Post by pokerforme »

Webman....I also stopped playing the monthly contest. I don't mind the game choice, number of sessions a day etc....it is the fact that you cant make up missed sessions. I was doing pretty decent one month then someone cut some fiber optic 300 miles plus away from me effectively taking me out of the monthly. You cant miss one single day to be even close WITH a lot of luck....So I just am not going to waste any time on it now.
Anyways thanks for working so hard to make this site enjoyable! You do a great job.