Make Believe SHOCKWAVE POKER

Why do you play video poker? What is your favorite game and why?
DaBurglar
Video Poker Master

Re: Make Believe SHOCKWAVE POKER

Post by DaBurglar »

2000 credits when you bet one? Or five?

2000 for 5 is not good. The original game gave you 4000 for 5 over 10 hands. true...but obviously the superficial benefit of this "SUPER" version of shockwave gives you options for a Quad Bonus via extending the number of hands out to 20.....but I say superficial because thats what it is........this game, as it is, is a suckers pitfall.        But no surprise.....it has gone the way of pretty much ALL video poker these days, which is DOWN THE TUBES.

Neveroutgunned
Forum Newbie

Post by Neveroutgunned »

No that was from one credit, I'll double check the amounts next time but I am fairly certain that was for 1 quarter.

spxChrome
VP Veteran

Post by spxChrome »

I have hit shockwave mode 5 or 6 times but I play a lot of poker and rarely play shockwave. I normally only dab in it if I got 2 or 3 hours without a quad. Recently I hit it at Harrahs New Orleans. I had got quad 8 7 times in a row without hitting any other quad. Turned to shockwave and it dealt me 8's again. 3 hands later held trip 7's and got the 4th for $4k.

Out of the 5 or 6 times I have hit it 3 of the times have come after dealt quads to go into shockwave mode.

I can remember another time I had been playing TDB all day and nothing so I switched to shockwave and got deal AAAA3 for $125 instead of $4k. I about fainted out of rage cause it was the first hand. But then 3 hands into shockwave mode I got the 4th deuce for $4k.

I don't play it much anymore cause they have lowered the paytables to 300 for a SF and 50 for a FH.

Neveroutgunned
Forum Newbie

Post by Neveroutgunned »

Yeah within the last week the switched out my machine with the decent Super Shockwave paytable to another one with just various Keno games. So VP at my local is now dead to me as everything else has garbage payouts.