GTECH to Buy IGT

Why do you play video poker? What is your favorite game and why?
chattycattty
VP Veteran

GTECH to Buy IGT

Post by chattycattty »

Italian company GTECH just announced it will be buying IGT the maker of most of the video poker machines we all know and love. You can go to any financial website to get the details. From an investors standpoint I am happy about it as I have quite a few shares. When the deal closes IGT shareholders if they do not sell beforehand will get a combination of cash and stock equivalent to $18.25 a share. Only time will tell how this will affect the quality and innovativeness that this newly created entity will bring to the video poker market.

Minn. Fatz
VP Veteran

Post by Minn. Fatz »

Interesting news. Italian company GTECH used to be U.S. company GTECH with a big presence in branded slots. Now it controls a majority slice of the world's lotteries; so no cash flow problems there I guess. Guess IGT won't be paying U.S. corporate taxes any more.

Lucky Larry
Video Poker Master

Post by Lucky Larry »

Interesting news. Italian company GTECH used to be U.S. company GTECH with a big presence in branded slots. Now it controls a majority slice of the world's lotteries; so no cash flow problems there I guess. Guess IGT won't be paying U.S. corporate taxes any more.

There goes any hope of Internet Gambling - no more US lobbying by IGT now a foreign company.

BillyJoe
Video Poker Master

Post by BillyJoe »

I wonder if WMS will then move overseas ?
Scientific Games to acquire Bally in $5.1B deal

Scientific Games announced today that it plans to purchase Bally Technologies for around $3.3 billion. Scientific Games will also assume $1.8 billion in debt from Bally, which brings the value of the deal to $5.1 billion. The transaction is expected to close in 2015, and shares of both companies rose on the news

DaBurglar
Video Poker Master

Post by DaBurglar »

I wonder if WMS will then move overseas ?
Scientific Games to acquire Bally in $5.1B deal

Scientific Games announced today that it plans to purchase Bally Technologies for around $3.3 billion. Scientific Games will also assume $1.8 billion in debt from Bally, which brings the value of the deal to $5.1 billion. The transaction is expected to close in 2015, and shares of both companies rose on the newsI need to research WMS, I am not at all familiar with them.......BALLY Technologies I am familiar with, going all the way back to when I was 12 years old playing GALAXIAN and GALAGA and other video games in arcades in malls across New England!!Anyone else a child (or Teen, or even Adult under 30) of the 1970s and 1980s who grew up playing BALLY games???

BillyJoe
Video Poker Master

Post by BillyJoe »

]Anyone else a child (or Teen, or even Adult under 30) of the 1970s and 1980s who grew up playing BALLY games???
My parents, and then myself, were too poor for games. I played with the box that the other kid's game came in.

DaBurglar
Video Poker Master

Post by DaBurglar »

[QUOTE=DaBurglar]
]Anyone else a child (or Teen, or even Adult under 30) of the 1970s and 1980s who grew up playing BALLY games???
My parents, and then myself, were too poor for games. I played with the box that the other kid's game came in. [/QUOTE]that blows....at least tell me you could afford an occasional game of pinball?????  Wasn't it like 5 or 10 cents a game for pinball when you were growing up?   The Bally Video Games I played were 25 cents, and even though I had a middle class upbringing, when I was 12 in 1979,  25 cents was a big deal for me!   I would "hmmm and haw", suffer anguish over whether to blow my quarter(s) on Video Games or BAseball cards (the best choice in terms of value), or a bag of Doritos....or I could pay my cousin 25 cents and he'd let me look at his father's dirty mags for 15 minutes.....this was all before Cable TV of course

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

I know how that is. We got one game or toy at Christmas and valued them so much I still have most of them. The rest of the year we made our own toys out of stuff we found in the woods, discarded cardboard boxes, etc. The good thing about that is we stayed outside all day building forts, playing war games outside, climed trees, fished etc. This was right after WW2 and Korea was still going on. On rare trips to the arcade, we just watched the other kids play, and we learned a lot that way. We still thought we were rich though since we lived within walking distance from the beach, were surrounded by local farms and woods, and the childhood friends stayed friends for life. Many are now gone, but the memories remain.

BillyJoe
Video Poker Master

Post by BillyJoe »

[QUOTE=billyjoe] [QUOTE=DaBurglar]
Anyone else a child (or Teen, or even Adult under 30) of the 1970s and 1980s who grew up playing BALLY games???
My parents, and then myself, were too poor for games. I played with the box that the other kid's game came in. [/QUOTE]that blows....at least tell me you could afford an occasional game of pinball?????  Wasn't it like 5 or 10 cents a game for pinball when you were growing up? ][/QUOTE]
Naw - we played marbles in the sand, or just threw rocks at each other (kinda like pinball, I guess). If it had an electrical cord, it was too rich for our blood.

The Mob owned all the Chicago entertainment back then anyway - electric powered or not.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

[QUOTE=DaBurglar]
[QUOTE=billyjoe] [QUOTE=DaBurglar]
Anyone else a child (or Teen, or even Adult under 30) of the 1970s and 1980s who grew up playing BALLY games???
My parents, and then myself, were too poor for games. I played with the box that the other kid's game came in. [/QUOTE]that blows....at least tell me you could afford an occasional game of pinball?????  Wasn't it like 5 or 10 cents a game for pinball when you were growing up? ][/QUOTE]
Naw - we played marbles in the sand, or just threw rocks at each other (kinda like pinball, I guess). If it had an electrical cord, it was too rich for our blood.

The Mob owned all the Chicago entertainment back then anyway - electric powered or not. [/QUOTE]

I think they still own it although now it is called the Administration.