7 Star Tourney

Discuss the latest contests, contest strategies, and scores!
chattycattty
VP Veteran

Re: 7 Star Tourney

Post by chattycattty »

Think of each achievement like climbing a mountain. Climb Mt Everest: CheckClimb Mt Rushmore: CheckEveryone who has climbed BOTH Mt Rushmore and Mt Everest qualifies for the 2 Mountain Tourney.Climbing Mt Everest twice doesn't qualify you, even though earning that achievement twice would be quite an accomplishment.Hmmm... I think we may need to add an achievement for climbing Everest. That could be easier than winning the TOC. I climbed Mt. Rose at Lake Tahoe does that count?

Sandrina Roc
Forum Regular

Post by Sandrina Roc »

I will tell you this. Because it would bother my Type A personality to not get into this contest, and because I only have 8 achievements so only 2 stars from that and because I can't play much (I'm only on hand 640,000 or so) I feel compelled to play lots to get the stars from 5,000 hands played (and try to win other achievements but very hard and need 4 for 1 star, big deal). What this has done is take the pleasure out of playing, which is why I was playing here. Not looking for a reply (it will probably be don't aim for the 7 Star Tourney). Just speaking my mind. Have a nice day all.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

I will tell you this. Because it would bother my Type A personality to not get into this contest, and because I only have 8 achievements so only 2 stars from that and because I can't play much (I'm only on hand 640,000 or so) I feel compelled to play lots to get the stars from 5,000 hands played (and try to win other achievements but very hard and need 4 for 1 star, big deal). What this has done is take the pleasure out of playing, which is why I was playing here. Not looking for a reply (it will probably be don't aim for the 7 Star Tourney). Just speaking my mind. Have a nice day all.
   No worries; you bring up some valid points. I too, will play this contest and if I don't like it then I will not be busting my butt to get "qualified" for the next one.

Galeygoo
VP Veteran

Post by Galeygoo »

I was looking forward to the 7 Star Tourney from the start. I thought the ideas and opportunities available for qualification seemed very do-able unless you only play a for minimal time during the day.

I, for obvious reasons had a stellar week! Not trying to brag, but ....hmmmm, honestly was very luck to have won last week's QQ contest. IN TURN, no pun intended, I bump my achievements up an additional 3 just for participating, and winning along with another fantastic score that entitled me to a Top 100 achievement for the week as well. So, count em, folks, got the 1st place achievement, Top 100 achievement, TOC achievement. and OH, LET'S NOT FORGET MY FAVE PRIZE, the $150

No wonder I've loved this site for so many years WITHOUT ever winning a contest before-got that folks? lol Keep playing, you just NEVER KNOW. Good Luck

chattycattty
VP Veteran

Post by chattycattty »

Congats to you GG on your nice win in last weeks contest. That $150 is almost enough for 2 more years of free gold membership.

Galeygoo
VP Veteran

Post by Galeygoo »

Congats to you GG on your nice win in last weeks contest. That $150 is almost enough for 2 more years of free gold membership.

Thanks, CC.  Think I'll buy something fun with the $150 and just try to get ahold of the keys to the "inner sanctum"  

ken262
Forum Newbie

Post by ken262 »

I think there were fewer than 100'000 members when I joined VP.com . still haven't had the big hand yet. will keep trying

overtaxed
Forum Newbie

Post by overtaxed »

Webman,
After playing all month trying to attain various achievements...it occurred to me that I don't know when the tournament is to take place.
It would be disappointing to have come this far, and then realize that I couldn't play in the tournament because I will be computer AWOL for 4-5 days in Oct.

Can you provide details of dates and prizes? They may be posted somewhere, and I just missed them.
Thanks.

edog743
Video Poker Master

Post by edog743 »

It starts the 24th Over

overtaxed
Forum Newbie

Post by overtaxed »

Thanks Edog!